04 October 2012

A little lullaby



 


As I buy most of my fabric on line, I can't help but compare the service I receive from the various companies.  It doesn't half make a difference when the fabric is nicely presented - well folded, maybe tied with a ribbon, or even a nice card or note saying thank you.  One company sent me two charm squares of fabric with an order.  What a clever idea!

Pagoda Lullaby by Tina Givens


I'd never seen this fabric before, and probably would never have picked it out from t'interweb, but having seen it in real life, I fell in love.   So I threw caution to the wind, and ordered some.






I have no plans of what to do with it, but I figured if I wait until I've decided what to make, it would have gone. I have history of prevaricating, you know!   I did think about ordering some meterage of the one on the right as I thought it would make a beautiful skirt.  But I have to face the fact that my dressmaking is not really very good!

Not sure about the charm squares I received this time though




Good mixers, but I'm not "feeling the love" as they say!

10 comments:

  1. lol Totally agree, free charm squares are a brilliant bonus, if often a dangerous one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Julie knows what she is doing - I got a parcel from her today x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, Julie has great customer service :o) as for the new charms, hex 'em

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie is a great business woman and seems like a really nice person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, and I find her prices to be the best around

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love Tina Givens prints although they are a little unconventional. I hope you have fun using them. The greys are nice but not one I would go looking to buy either.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh! I am SUPPOSED to be on a NO (new) fabric diet!!.... JUST looking doesnt qualify as cheating ... does it? lol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that Julie sends a couple of charms, and great marketing idea. I'm sure you will find a place for your new charms...somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're right, the one on the right would make a great skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that Julie tosses in some extras. I have done the same thing: purchased fabrics based on the pieces she's sent.

    ReplyDelete