27 October 2012

Bloggers' Quilt Festival



Amy's Creative Side


It's time for everyone to showcase their favourite quilt once again, in the Bloggers Quilt Festival at Amys Creative side. A lot of bloggers seem to have been prepared for this, but not me!  Nevertheless, I have a quilt I would like to enter.  Much as I love my Supernova quilt, this is a straight copy of the original, including the fabrics, so I didn't feel I should enter that one.  SO instead I chose my Pheonix quilt, which I made for my great niece, Vivienne, on her arrival into this big bad world in April this year. 

I had previously started to make the Farmers wife quilt, but my heart wasn't in it and realistically, I was never going to finish it. So I put the fabrics together to make this quilt.  Hence Pheonix, from the ashes of The Farmers Wife.







I used Camille Roskelleys pattern Sweet Pea, from her Simplify book.   It went together really easily and I love all those bright colours jumbled up together.   I can't remember the name of the fabric I backed it with, but I thought it picked out the colours in the front so well, and it is a nice fun pattern



I was determined to try something different with the FMQ this time, more than just the standard stipping that I usually do, so I doodled a nice flowery pattern which I think complements the girliness of the quilt.






The flowers showed up well on the white , but were a little lost on the busy colours of the main pattern.  But as one of my readers said, Vivienne will be able to find the flowers her great auntie hid for her!  What a nice thought

And finally, another first for me, I did a scalloped edge using biais binding








I know that this quilt is loved and well used, and let's face it, that's what it's all about!

The details of the quilt are as follows

Quilt Measurements:  I'm not sure now but I think it ended up around 50" x 50"
Special Techniques used:  First time I FMQ'd flowers.  Scalloped edge with biais binding
Quilted by   Me!!
Best category: Favourite Home Machine Quilted Quilt, Favourite Baby Quilt


There are some really great prizes, so why not have a go at entering.  What have you got to lose?  And go and have a look at some of the other fantastic quilts that have been entered already.  And a big thanks to Amy for organising it again.


Di
xx

I'm number 271 on the link.  Gulp!







25 comments:

  1. Such a sweet quilt and I love its name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet quilt, and clever you with your scalloped edges! That's stop me in my tracks for sure... lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are very clever doing the scalloped edges. It's a very pretty quilt and great that you were able to use the FW fabrics in something that you really like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt is very nice. Easy pattern and colour bright fabric. Thank you to show us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet quilt! I love the colors and the feel of it. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diane, I love everything about this quilt. Your choice of fabric and the scallop edge are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know I love this quilt, it is such a nice combination of fabrics and colours. The edges are perfect and I love the quilting. I do think she will find those flowers, and they will make her smile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a pretty quilt and I love all the details including the scalloped edge and the amazing FMQ!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your quilt is adorable.. beautiful quilting! Love those sweet flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The back is Riley Blake's Ice Cream. I've always wanted some in my stash, but never made it in the budget. It looks fabulous on your quilt back though. And I adore the wavy edges of the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's so beautiful, Dianne! So sweet colours and lovely pattern! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  12. A really pretty quilt - she will love it for years x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely quilt Dianne, made for all the right reasons! And I love the scalloped borders.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Di, such a bright and cheerful quilt for a little girl! Well done :o)))

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just darling! Love your quilting and the way you did the edge and binding.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is beautiful! I especially love the binding. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's darling and I really love a scallop border. Gorgeous backing too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this quilt! So very pretty and the colors are great for a little one. Love the scallop border too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The scalloped border is so cute and I love the scrappy look you gave this quilt. This is a quilt to be treasured and Im sure it will be part of lots of happy memories as Vivienne grows up.

    My FW blocks ended up as pot holders....

    ReplyDelete
  20. it's a beautiful girly quilt. I especially like the scalloped edge

    ReplyDelete
  21. It is such a sweet quilt, and the scalloped edge makes it even more so. Was it very difficult to bind?
    I also love the quilted flowers, I'm sure Vivienne will try to find them all when she is a bit older.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a pretty bright quilt. Great machine quilting and scalloped border. Last fall we were in the Czech Republic and Moravia was my favorite place!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Earn Money with PayPal, Now you can earn 300% profit of your investment on every week, Join Now
    AllTimeProfit.com

    ReplyDelete