01 October 2012

Fresh Sewing Day

At last!  Approximately 12 months after coming up with the idea of making my friend the Supernova quilt, it's finished.   I was desperate to finish this for Rhonda's Q3 FAL, and after a marathon Sewing Sunday, I made it.   Credit also has to go to the Ryder Cup and the victorious European Team, as I sat up until the early hours of this morning to watch it, sewing the binding down at the same time!

It's not been possible for me to get any decent photos at the moment, but here it is on our bed


It's still got to be washed, but it is absolutely wonderful.  This is by far the best thing I've ever made!   When I can get some decent photos, I'll write up a proper post with lots of photos.

I'm seriously considering telling my friend it's so bad, I can't give it to her.   Then I can keep it!!

Linking in with  Fresh Sewing Day at Lilly's quilts


Lily's Quilts

16 comments:

  1. It´s really bautiful. Nice colours, great quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an absolutely glorious quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that quilt is gorgeous. you should definitely keep it if you love it that much :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Di! I love it, really really love it. How on earth can you bear to part with it?! Lucky friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay well done it looks fab! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's gorgeous, I wouldn't want to let it go :) can't you keep it ??

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so fantastic - she better be the best best friend in the history of the world ever, otherwise keep it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely stunning!! That would be an awfully hard one to give up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. amazing. amazing. amazing. thats the only word for it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's beautiful and I know what you mean about wanting to keep it. That's how I felt about my Glamorous Granny! This is stunning

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks gorgeous! How did you quilt it in the end? Can we have some close-ups please. If you give it away I guess you'll just have to make another one!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a stunning quilt, Dianne. And a great start to Blogtoberfest12.
    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woohoo, I love it, no wonder you're proud!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on the finish! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your supernova is stunning but I think you must give it as planned. Then get to work on another for you!

    ReplyDelete