21 October 2012

Guest post

Hi readers, Liska here.  We have a small crisis here at home, which no-one else seems to appreciate, so I"m appealing to all you out there to help me

Just in case you don't know who I am,



This is me.   Normally TOP DOG in this house, with responsiblity for gurading the master.   This morning we went for a walk through town, and on the way back, we were  followed home by this


Yes, I know what you're thinking, me on a bad hair day, but it's not me.  I don't know who it is, but he seems to think he can walk in here and make himself comfortable.   He is the dirtiest, smelliest dog I've ever seen.  He looks like he's been living on the streets for two or three weeks.

I understand mum went off with him into town to try to find the owner, but unfortunately she came back with him!

Then there was a gret debate about what to do with him.  Apparently they are so soft, they can't bear the thought of sending him to the police dog pound, so the plan is to take some photographs of him, and post them in the shops around town, in the hope of finding his owners.  First he needed a bath, and a trim to get rid of all those pugs.   He still looks like a tramp to me but........







I have to say, I am NOT very happy.  I keep trying to bite his head off just to let him know who's boss.  Mum keeps telling me not to worry, every this is alright.  NO IT'S NOT!!!!!Can't these stupid humans see this?  

And worst thing of all - the last straw - they've given him a name!!   They've called him Roger (The Lodger, because he's not staying!)

So if things don't turn out well here, I need to know if I can come and live with you?  I'm a very well behaved dog, and don't eat much.  Pretty Please



17 comments:

  1. Oh, Roger the Lodger is so darling. If I lived nearby, I'd take him, only to make poor Liska happy. Liska sounds like our Dudley. A People Dog, not a Dog's Dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Liska, you can't come and live with me because my cats would scratch your eyes out. Listen to your Mom. Everything is going to be okay. You might even come to like Roger. He is awfully cute once cleaned up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaaaaarrrrrgh!!! Liska, send him over here pronto! I'm in love. I've got the wanties. (You'd be welcome too / instead, but I suspect mum wouldnt be too keen on that really)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Liska, hang in there - your mummmy loves you very much and is just trying to find Roger's home. Have you seen the film, Lady & the Tramp? Perhaps you should *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Liska, yes you are such a good looking dog how could anyone mistake you for Roger. We have a new puppy so no room here at this inn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this has made me laugh so much... sorry Liska!!... but Roger is just too cute xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope that cute little Roger finds his family, they are likely heartbroken with worry. And Liska, you can always come to my house, my dog and cat will make room for you no problem.

    ReplyDelete
  8. properly lolling.... out loud :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOh yes, you can come and live with me - you're gorgeous! Please be kind to poor Roger...someone out there is probably heartbroken that he's gone missing and I'm sure he'll be going home soon, but he's probably feeling pretty glum what with you trying to rip his head off and all - I mean if you got lost and had to be rescued would you want to have your head ripped off by a handsome young man such as yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poor Liska. Hang in there, you are Number 1, and after all Roger, is only a lodger at the moment! Not permanent. You'd have to stay in quarantine for 6 months if you came here, not much fun at all, sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vof, Nero here, you are always welcome to live with me and Hanna! But I think you prefer at home and hopefully that guy finds his own home soon ... and if not ... it's not so bad to have a doggy friend! I guess you could try to be friendly - it's not nice to be lost. I'm so happy to have Hanna and not to stay even alone at home! Hugs to you! x Nero

    ReplyDelete
  12. You poor thing - I am sure you could show Dodgy Roger the door whilst your ma and pa are sleeping - and now I am talking to a dog; good lord!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry, Liska, no dogs for me please...
    Please tell your mum she's brave and very good natured.
    And please report back if Roger's Parents show up.
    Or if he's going to stay for good.
    I guess you'll get some extra treats if you behave and are a good dog.... ;o)))

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am all about you getting your way, Liska;however, you might be showing your hidden spots. Move over old fog.... And remember...... Now you have someone to boss around... Teach him to fetch!

    ReplyDelete
  15. great post. I hope you find Roger's owner

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh bless, of course you can have a home. Mummy is going to take my youngest in exchange!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cheer up Liska. They might find Rogers owners yet!

    ReplyDelete