14 October 2012

Mod Pod quilt

I have come to the conclusion that I was not put on this earth to sew curves.   I am pretty good at foundation paper piecing, I can knit and crochet quite complicated patterns, but curves, I'm not so good at.  Which is a shame really when there are a couple of hundred in the mod pod quilt! But, against all odds, I have finished the first block, and you know what? It doesn't look too bad




Some curves are good, but there are some very bad ones!   Mind you some of the straight seams are a bit suspect too!

Only 10 more to go - by the end of this I should be half-way competent!


9 comments:

  1. That is most excellent. No one would notice anything not perfect. I expect you will be a total pro soon, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look fine to me! When they are all quilted I bet you won't be able to find a dodgy one x

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look pretty perfect to me ! I did,on occasion, use a little spray starch if a curve was stretching too much. It made quite a difference on finer fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I beat my curves into submission, if that helps at all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look good and as you go along you will get better and better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think dodgy seams are a bit like childbirth, once they are quilted, the pain fades.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look bloody good to me. Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm seriously impressed - from here they look perfect and I absolutely love your colour choices! I'm still wimpering in a corner and trying to pluck up the courage to do something with curves for Annabella!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm seriously impressed - from here they look perfect and I absolutely love your colour choices! I'm still wimpering in a corner and trying to pluck up the courage to do something with curves for Annabella!!!

    ReplyDelete