05 October 2012

Mouthy Stitches

Now I've finished the Supernova quilt, I can move on to other things.  Firstly, because I hope it will not take too long, is a bag for my Mouthy Stitches secret partner.   Having already decided on a wellie boot theme, I came up with this design to incorprate a bit of applique and embroidery which I hope my partner will like



It's not quite finished yet.



some of the flowers still need centres.

but now I have another problem.   Although my partner liked the wellie fabric that I originally chose, it just doesn't work with the applique.



Over dosed on wellies and the colours just don't go together.

So plan B invloves more orange spots and some stripey fabric.  But which do you prefer for the outside and which for the lining



The choice is yours..................

13 comments:

  1. Outside stripe, inside spots....and you were dead right about the wellie fabric, which is a shame because it's seriously cool, but then I guess you get to do something else nice with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outside stripes, narrow inside spots gets my vote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Outside stripes to contrast with the boots. Inside wellie fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dots are on boots, I vote for strips, I would cut it across, and maybe dots for corner stones. Wellie fabric could be use, but cut in little different way. "Fussy" cut. Some boot should be whole on the border.

    ReplyDelete
  5. too many dots !! Could you use the wellie fabric as the linning?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stripes outside, spots inside. This is looking so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. go with the stripes since the wellies are dots -- how cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to say spots outside, to be awkward!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the stripes. Your applique is fantastic and such neat little blanket stitches!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hee hee, love the wellies! I say spots too

    ReplyDelete