22 October 2012

So long, farewell

Auf Wiedersehen, goodbyeeee!

And good riddance!

We put some of these posters around town this afternoon,




and 30 minutes later we got a phone call from Roger's owners.  They only live about 1/2 km away, and despite looking like a tramp, he had only escaped that morning.  Oh, and his real name is Rexi.

So he's gone and life here returns to normal.   Liska is top dog again and can stop worrying about guarding the master, our other dog Lucy can stop worrying about being raped,  and the two cats can come back home again!  The experiment into 3 dog ownership is over and we have proved what a bad idea it is!   Even so, I'm happy that we did our best for little Rog, and he's back home.

Thanks for all your concerns and offers of a new home for either Roger or Liska!




13 comments:

  1. Does this mean I can't send Emily to you now as a trade?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan!! Can you speak Czchek (sp?)...I'm very impressed! Ah, so Liska is a boy - hmm, he probably wasn't impressed by my comment yesterday. Both Liska and Rog.are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww... am gutted... Oh well. Hope they were sufficiently happy and grateful get him back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy End! that was good you found the owner so quickly! Three dogs is not so bad idea but two are much more easier! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have they not heard of collars and all that name tag gubbins! I hope you charged for the bathing service!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im glad Rexi is back home with his family. Liska and Lucy can breathe again now !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad he is home. Here dogs are tattooed or microchipped so owners and finders can connect. I am glad your animals are back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope the new owners appreciated the bath and trim ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. so glad it all worked out... for everyone xx surprised they recognised him!! Hope they thanked you for bathing him xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi,
    Roman is a more open minded than a lot of people here, but he gets defensive if I criticsise attitudes here. He thinks racism here is the same as in the UK, whereas I think it is much more the norm here. I know it is a depressinf subject, but I have to rant about it occasionally,because I find it very sad.
    I can't believe we haven't met up yet. We are having a bonfire hopefully in Nov for Bonfire night, which you could come to. Or perhaps we could meet some time in Miulov or Valtice. It would be great to see you. I won't rant,honest! My new email is tracynko@gmail.com. It doesn't send horrid spam.
    Hope you are well. I am happy to hear your two doggies will be happier.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah, three dogs are 2 too many in my book

    ReplyDelete