08 October 2012

Things I learnt yesterday






  • When cutting fabric on your mat, make sure you haven't left any fabric on there, because you will cut that too. Oops

  • When doing something for the first time, like fitting a zipper pocket into a lined bag, have a go first on something that doesn't matter, because you might screw it up the first time!
  • When buying a magazine in a foreign country, check what language it's in before buying it.  Looking through the adverts, I thought it was odd that none of the shops were in Czech Republic. Closer examination revealed its in German not Czech! 

   My Czech is pretty bad, but nowhere near as bad as my German.  Never mind, I can follow the pictures!
  • When you find a wasps nest, it's not a good idea to poke a stick into it and waggle it around.  Y ou might get stung.  Nine times! No, not me. Gordon!
  • I was rather confused why Katy needed a cable and paper for her Pogo


    Then I learnt it was one of these



 I like to learn new things!

12 comments:

  1. Ha, ha, ha. I've learned a few of those the hard way too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, love your blogtober ;o)
    I'd be happy to help translating if pictures are not sufficient, Di!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chuckling.........(but not at the wasp story)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol! Good lessons to learn (tho I cant believe hubby is only just learning bout wasp nests and pokey sticks not going together well...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun post. Is Gordon ok? Wasps, yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! Laughing about Gordon - in that cruel way that children laugh. What on earth was he thinking?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor Gordon! I love that picture on the magazine and I have cut my fabric just like that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Didn't his mother ever tell Gordon not to poke a wasp nest? It just really pisses them off. I do hope he is recovering from his ordeal.

    Thanks for the heads up on Pogo...I had no idea either!

    ReplyDelete