I'm pleased with myself that I have been able to post 2 finishes 2 weeks running in WIP Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced. Something of a first for me.
So my finish, not a huge quilt, but a tote bag for my mouthy stitches partner. The brief was to make a bag from this pattern, with no embellishments save maybe an internal pocket. My bag has gone to several metamorphases. It started off like this
But the dots didn't go down too well. Then I decided on an appliqued wellie to go with the wellie fabric.....
But it didn't
So I pulled out these
and decided to use the stripes on the outside and the original wellie fabric on the inside.
But still it wasn't to be. I made a mess of inserting the zip pocket, and cut the other piece of fabric. So I had to sub the wellie fabric with the dots. And I'm so glad I did, because the finished article is lovely (IMHO)
|No pocket I'm afraid, after I messed up the first one|
I just hope that my partner likes it, and I haven't made it too much to my tastes.
I also had to make a key fob to go with the bag. I decided to continue the wellie theme
I've made a start on the Mod Pod Quilt Along, but those curves are causing me a bit of a headache! But the only way to get better is to keep going.
Will do a proper post on this one when I've finished the first block.
Block for Di in the Stitch Tease Bee
So I'm off to do a bit of tidying in the garden, before I tackle those curves again.