24 October 2012

WIP Wednesday

 


What little time I have spent on quilting this week, in between gardening, work and rescuing dogs, I have concentrated on two projects

Terraced Garden

I have actually pieced the back and got onto quilting this old friend.  I pieced the back in large blocks with Kona Coal sashing to reflect the front (and because it was the only way to make the fabric go around!)

Then I chose a simple wavy stitich for the quilting.





I'm getting a certain amount of rippling on the back, but that should dissappear when it's washed (she says hopefully).  The centre is almost finished then I need something around the border. Something simple, but not sure what yet.

The other project I've been working on is a secret block for the Stitch Tease Bee, so by definition I can show you much.  But I do want to tease a bit so





There's so much going on in this, stretching my skills to the extreme, and admittedly taking longer than I imagined!  I'm late already, but in this bee, there's no huge pressure to get things done on time.

No progress
Sheerwater tunic
Mod pod quilt (but I'm planning on getting something done this weekend!)
Envy Quilt

Must start
A jelly roll quilt for my friend Rose

Committed to in the last week
Christmas decoration swap

Hop over to Freshly Pieced to see what else is going on.



4 comments:

  1. You have been busy! Can't wait to see these both finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love the Stitch Tease timescale!!!
    Keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the little tease of the Stitch Tease project.

    And of course the slight rippling will wash out and it will look utterly gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who's block are you working on for Stitch Tease? I am so far behind. I need to make yours and Mrs. Flying Blind's. Bad bee mama, am I !

    ReplyDelete