14 November 2012

WIP Wednesday

 


Oh I had a good day yesterday.  By nature I am a finisher.  I get satisfaction from starting a project and seeing it through to the end.  But sewing has done something wierd to me, and now I use any delaying tactic I can to avoid those last few jobs - tidy up all the ends (because I don't do it as I go along) , press the seams, make siggie blocs, package up bee blocks to go to their new home, write little notes. On top of which, I just can't stop myself starting new things!

Yesterday I snook a day off work  and, determined to clear up all these little jobs,  I got everything out on the kitchen table yesterday morning. Some things are covered by envelopes because they are to remain secret.


And there I stayed until I'd done everything.  By 2pm I had 3 parcels ready to go to the post office (in my new mouthy stitches tote bag, no less)


1 Stitch Tease block going off to Susan for Di (secret!)

 

1 Stitch Tease block going off to Danny for Susan (secret!)

 

1 Sew Euro-beean block going off to Lush (not secret, obviously)



I had also finished a secret santa swap for one of the ladies in our Stitch Tease bee, but I still have to add a couple of things to the parcel before I get that on its way.

I am also in another Christmas decoration swap, which isn't secret, but I can show you the first one I have made


Looking at this photo, I clearly need to centre the star a little better!  The star is EPP, made from 1/2 inch diamonds, using one of the little mini charm packs which was in my goody bag at the FQR.  All was going well until, having ironed it to hold the shape when I took out the papers, I found that the blue thread I used for basting had bled, leaving purple marks!  Please note, anyone thinking they will use up some old thread for basting! I then had to soak it overnight, by which time it looked more like a rag than a crisp star.  I don't think I made too bad a job of rescuing it.

I have partially done the second decoration too, but I have no photographs of this yet.

I also finished the little bags for my friends advent calendar, and they just have to have the cords threaded through, and the numbers attached. 

And finally, I finished the day doing my favrourite job, in my favourite place.

The binding on my Terraced garden (Stained quilt) is almost finished.  Just one more side to go




Although sewing around a cat is not easy!!

I'm linking in with WIP Wednesday  with Lee Freshly Pieced

17 comments:

  1. Yay for getting all that done. Love that hoop star! Even if it was a right pain for you to make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow. Come and help me do that please! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the swap star. It´s cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats for getting all that done and I love the EPP star :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your little EPP star, so cute. I haven't made mine yet as my tatting isn't going too well at the moment. I really have to sit down and concentrate properly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol...kitties always seem to know just when to show up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have now officially put the rest of us to shame!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did you rest or eat? Or was it nonstop sewing and packaging?! LOL
    I'm afraid I didn't add a note for Lush when I was in a rush to get that parcel out ;o(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, a very productive day. I love your EPP star, and iyou would never know that you had any problems with it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've had a great week Di - don't you feel better when you do those tiresome chores and I HATE going to the postoffice but I do use my tote bag too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good job, Di. I also like sitting near fireplace, covered by my quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, go you! Now that you've got that little lot out of the way, could you pop over and pick up a few of my bits and pieces? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is totally inspiring - I love how you made piles on your kitchen table and said to yourself: I'm getting through THIS today! Good for you! Totally in love with your turquoise, red and white star.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really love that little hoop star! And good for you on the packing and such, I have the same issue with sitting down to do it all, and filling out the customs forms and such.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, I'm so impressed. Well done.

    I love the hooped star too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I admire your dedication. I constantly get distracted by the internet, my dogs, the phone, housework, and the need to go and to avoid doing things at home!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's a lot to finish in one day. What is it about packing the things up for the post...it takes more effort than it does to make them, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete