05 December 2012

Problem sorted



More on the problem I had last night.  Apparently I'm not the only one to encounter this problem - which makes me feel a whole lot better, I was thinking either I'd done something wrong, or they were picking on me.  And the solution.  Well I can either pay $2.something a month for extra storage space, which is not much really but when it's been free, you kind of expect that to continue.  Or, as Hadley suggested, I can reduce the size of the photo in Picmonkey to something smaller than 800 pixels, which means they sneak under the radar.   I did just that with the photo I was going to show you last night, I'm just not sure I can be bothered to do that with every photo.


So here are my 10 finished blocks.  Not a very good photo but I was squeezing between the wardrobe and the end of the bed!

I also have a couple of finishes to declare, both of which will qualify for the 2012 FAL.

Way back when, I joined in with Katy's Foundation Paper Piecing for the Terrified and I made this block, my first ever string block


Well I've finally made it into something useful - a cushion for a friend for Christmas
Look, see, you can even reduce mosaics to a small enough size
Oh I love this and I can feel a string quilt coming along one day.

Also in the same FPPFTT, I made this block, my first flying geese block.







Which I have finally made into a small mat



So that's two more on the list of finishes, and I am still cruising!   Unfortunately, I have had to spend this afternoon tidying up my sewing room, returning it to it's former life as a dining room, ready for visitors on Sunday.  I need to go for a lie down now!  

Linking up with WIP Wednesday over at Freshly pieced for the first time in a few weeks.

16 comments:

  1. Hi Dianne! Those epp blocks are fantastic! It's funny how defferent they can be depending the fabric used! Beautiful pillow and table mat, too! Sorry to hear about your space-problem. I can how much space I have used from the 'free space' I have and there is still some left. x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your EPP blocks are gorgeous! I love them! I also love the flying geese. There's something about a ring of geese that is so fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blocks, I love them. They look so different: the bottom right one where you notice the squares, and the top left where you notice the diamonds. I guess that's value, something I'm not good at!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The photo stuff is a headache, which is why I just pay. The sewing stuff is gorgeous. And the sewing space to dining room is just a pain in the ar*e.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your english paper piecing, this desigh is really beautiful. What´s its name?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heh, glad to see you found a use for those blocks in the end :oD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh you are doing good - and you can probably shrink the pics when you take or upload them too, but I haven't investigated that yet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. the flying geese mat looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I link my photos from flickr most of the time instead of uploading them to blogger, maybe that is why I have not yet seen this, I will have to check. Your blocks are beautiful, as was your last post with the pictures of your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still have not made that flying geese block and really need to give it a go. I love your string pieced pillow

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those snow balls! I still have to finish the flying geese I started in Lynne's class. Your geese look so nice I'm now highly motivated to go and do mine. I think ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I experienced this problem with the pictures too - I think i'll just end up paying, its a debacle and even though I deleted a bunch of repeats my phone pictures still will not upload.. annoying! great blocks though :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the flying Geese Di...that's something I haven't had the guts to do yet !

    ReplyDelete