And it's bright. It didn't quite turn out like I planned though. I calculated I needed 5 x 12inch blocks to do the strip, and it wasn't until I measured it at the end that I reailised I needed 6. Duh!
Just as an aside, when Di named this bee, Strip Tease was a possible name, but we thought that that might cause us a few problems. Quite rightly as it happened. I have the name Strip Tease in my brain, and the file in outlook containing all my mails with photos of the strips that have been made, is called Strip Tease. Try explaining that one to the young technician (well, I guess he was young, they all are aren't they?) who was trying to resolve my e-mail problem the other day! If he could only see my red face! And once you start trying to explain, it all seems to get worse!.
The other bee blocks I have finished are for Nicole in the Sew Euro-bee-an Bee. She wanted the x and + blocks and sent some lovely fabrics out. These are my two blocks
I really like the second one, where I used the colour for the X instead of the +. This was a nice block to make and I believe it is the subject of the latest scrappytripalong.
There no sewing going on here at the moment as we're decorating
|The paint is much more green in real life, and I'll swear it's not the same as it was on the colour card!|
Off to paint a second coat - we should be finished by tonight. Have a nice day!