23 January 2013

Displacement activity

The dining room is finished thank goodness.  It's not the colour I wanted but I actually quite like it and it works with the chairs and curtains (and the mod pod quilt on the design board), so all's well



We are off looking for new lights today.  You know when you buy something in a rush, and you never quite work out why, because it's horrible.  Well we did that with the lights in the dining room, and now we want something more modern, that we actually like!

So I have my sewing room back, and I could have got on with those curves on the Mod Pod.  Did I?  No, I started something new!

About a year ago, I agreed to make my friend Rose a quilt.  She chose this one from the Jelly Roll Quilt book by Pam and Nicky Lintott



Not really a quilt I would choose to make, but I couldn't dissuade her.  I've been gathering blue fabrics for the past 12 months, and finally got around to starting it.

There's been a lot of chain stitching


and I have 110 of theses



and a lot of pressing!


There is just over half here and now I've run out of Kona snow, so all I can do is sew a few strips together.  Although I thought it would be a boring quilt to make, it's come together quickly so far, and I've listened to half of a book whilst doing it!  And it's been very good for straightening up, and speeding up my straight line sewing!

Just so that you know I haven't abandoned Mod Pod, I have cut some more squares to make the outer curve, and shall be cutting and sewing some more over the weekend.  I may even finish my 11 blocks with a bit of luck.

I'm linking up to WIP Wednesday as usual.

21 comments:

  1. liking the look of the quilt xx good luck with the lights x

    ReplyDelete
  2. New projects are always fun. I think mod pop has a future as a wall hanging on your new wall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You decorating looks great.
    And your blue and white quilt looks stunning. Lucky friend I say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Blue Quilt in progress there! Reminds me of one I made a couple of years ago. But, still have more blues in my scraps and stash than anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that blue and white quilt :-) Your mod pop would look fabulous on those walls too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love blue and white! This would definitely be a quilt my mum would love.
    So are you going to hang the Mod Pop in the dining room as it goes so well with the wall ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A good friend you are to do a quilt in colours that don't appeal to you! It looks great though, and soon you will be back to Mod Pop! I like your wall colour too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You really are a busy little bee! The dining room walls are WILD!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh well, as long as the walls match your quilt, it's all good ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The blue quilt looks great. Looks like you have been super busy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The dining room looks great! I like the simplicity of the quilt you are making. New projects are always fun

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done with the dining room and the mod pop really goes! Oh we 'love' friends who choose those designs don't we? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Variety is what keeps us hooked on quilting :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi! I like that colour on your wall! Not very common but looks great, new and goes well with your furnitures! Blue blocks are beautiful - I love blue even I don't sew very much with it. x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loving the lime green dining room & think the Mod Pod would look great.
    I rather like the blue & white quilt, good practice for the straight line sewing :)
    I have to get to the garret & catch up with my SewEuroBeean blocks. Feeling guilty that I am so behind but moving & setting up the business & my son having a meltdown have been sucking my time. Le sigh.
    Cheers
    Lush x

    ReplyDelete
  16. my lounge is a slightly muted lime green, it dulls down and I really like it now, your Mod pod will look fab in there when it's finished.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love blue and white....the quilt is going to be stunning

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your happy four patches. I really like it when I have a stack of simple quilt units to work on, very relaxing to just chain piece along. And I am excited to see your Mod Pop coming together, it sure does match your dining room!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I rather like that wall colour. I have officially run out of fabric for Mod Pop.

    ReplyDelete
  20. All that chain piecing-you are a braver person than me!

    ReplyDelete
  21. All that chain piecing!! Wow! And I like the green. Very bright and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete