26 January 2013

Happily, yummily finshed



At last my Happy Yummy quilt for my new great niece is completed, and ready for it's journey off to a new life in Oz.

I used Happy Mochi Yum Yum fabric and this pattern By Jessica Kelly from the Moda Bake Shop,



and added a little postage stamp border.


I took advantage of the nice sunny day, but boy was it cold.  -6 with a wind that was cutting through me.



Can you see Ted relaxing after a hard photo shoot?





I got the backing fabric from my local shop

Ted wanted to be in on the action


As did George!
I've wanted to use this Happy Mochi Yum Yum fabric for ages, and this was a perfect quilt for it I think.  Some of the fabrics are large prints, and the larger blocks gave them room to shine.   I'm very happy with this one.  I hope Elana and her mum and dad will be.

And what's more,  it's my first finish for the 2013 FAL.


she can quilt

And now I'm off to do some more of those *********curves for the Mod Pod quilt!











18 comments:

  1. Hello to Ted and George. That pattern really lets the fabrics shine. Good luck with the ********* curves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you know it's hard work being a support act to a fab quilt, poor Ted, maligned like that ;o)

    Happy curving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your baby quilt is gorgeous, I think the tiny border finishes it a treat.
    Happy curving !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, absolutely lovely! (love George photobombing too)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a beautiful quilt, I absolutely love the colours and the pattern. Hurrah, for your first finish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a bright a cheerful finish. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks fabulous, love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  8. This became so beautiful quilt! Wonderful and sweet colours! Give hugs to George! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a lovely finish and a great photo shoot too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's gorgeous and your photos are great -someone down under is going to be really thrilled!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your quilt is beautiful and lucky Elana!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's so pretty Di and a perfect baby quilt. I love the quilting :-) Good luck with the dratted curves.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Terrific and perfect and destined to be loved xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your quilt, it is so pretty.
    Your photos are better than some of the ones you see in magazines.
    As for George and Ted ..... how cute !!

    Polly
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. The quilt is so pretty, and will be so loved by a little girl, and her parents too. It shows Happy Mochi Yum so well. Great choice of pattern! I did like this quilt when I saw it on Moda Bake Shop.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This quilt is just too sweet. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is beautiful, a great present! And congratulations on the finish!!

    ReplyDelete