|Spot the diliberate error - I did but too late|
Then I tackled all the curves all at once. FirstI used Leanne's no pin, hold it up in the air method with pretty poor results. So the second I tried sewing from each end into the middle. This was a little better, but long winded. The third one, I sewed without pins, but just sewing a few stitches at a time, then edging round a bit, sewing a few more, edging round. It was a bit slow, but I got the best results this way. Maybe, just maybe, I've cracked those curves! (please, I hope the gremlins aren't listing). So in 24 hours I managed another 3 blocks, 75% more than I have in the last 8 months!!!
Here's the progress so far
Unfortunately, I have had to pack up my sewing room/ dining room as we are giving it a quick lick of paint over the weekend. So we're back on hold again, but at least I've only got another 4 blocks to make for the queen size. Hopefully it won't take me another 8 months to do those!
I'm linking up with Lee's WIP wednesday over here, if you'd like to see what other people are up to