13 February 2013

Sew Euro-bee-an

I've been focused on finishing the Mod Pod quilt this month, but when you are so single minded, it does do you good to tear yourself away for a little while and do something different.

My February blocks for Pippa were the perfect antidote.  It was the really simple Great Big Kiss from Sew Me.  Pippa sent some Kona White charm squares, and asked us to use any of our own brightly coloured scraps.  This is what I came up with






It's so simple, but I still had to get the stitch ripper out on the first one!  Once they are all stitched together, I think this simple block will made a really eye-catching quilt.   Look forward to seeing the finished block Pippa!

9 comments:

  1. I agree... on both points x moving away from the focus project stops you gatting bored and you make less mistakes.. liking the block ,and your fabric choices x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did mine on Sunday and couldn't believe how quick they are to make. Yours look great, I love the fabric you've chosen. I'm sure Pippa's quilt is going to look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed! Nice blocks, and the top will look fab. Are you tempted to make more for yourself now?

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are possibly the quickest blocks I have ever made! They are lovely blocks Di.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a really interesting block and I completely agree about it making a fabulous quilt. I;d love to see the finished article! I bet its going to be so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love a nice simple block once in a while too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh for a nice simple block. Did I mention I've just been through the wringer with your ST one? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. sometimes the simplest of blocks make the biggest of statements.

    ReplyDelete