10 February 2013

Thoroughly modern Tah-dah!

 she can quilt


 At last I have finished my Pod Pod quilt!  I  first started this quilt back in September 2012, and to be honest, it has not been my favourite quite to make!  Understatement of the year!  I was totally overwhelmed by the curves for ages despite lots of help from Leanne and several other people.   Finally, around mid January, I found my way of doing these curves, and I was able to crack on a bit quicker.  And now it's finished, I love it to bits! WARNING - there are a lot of photos!


The lumps and bumps have more or less disappeared  - apart from those where I hung it on the clothes airer!




The curves are ALL perfect


The string of circles pop out really well



Ted likes it too!

We actually tested it out on our bed before I washed it and it is VERY warm!  I also checked the size before and after it's final wash/tumble dry, and it has lost a massive 3-4 inches in each direction.  It could really have done with another chain of circles, but I had neither the will power nor the fabric, so it remains a bit narrow.  Visitors chez Quiltova will now have the choice of sleeping under the Mod Pod in the blue room, or under the Terraced Garden in the Orange room!

I have had a certain amount of trouble with the animals during the making of this quilt.  They seem to be drawn to it - or maybe they just need to be near me?

One or other cat had been in/on/under the quilt the whole time I've been doing the binding
Under the table whilst I was quilting it!


Helping me baste

Helping lay out the backing!
I will be linking up next weekend with all the others who have finished this quilt, so make sure you check it out , or go onto the flickr page.  There are some beautiful quilts, and they are all so different.

Incidentally, this is also my second finish for Leanne's 2013 FAL.


22 comments:

  1. It looks fantastic! I love how the green bits pop so well - and the texture of the quilted parts is gorgeous. Awesome finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks AMAZING. I think you totally nailed it with the quilting. Great choice. And those colours and the design really sing.

    You did good Di. This quilt is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is beautiful and I love the way the quilting works now it is all done and washed and dried and all that nonsense. Just such a lovely finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, it's beautiful! I love how this one looks but am not sure I would have had the patience for another row, either. And my kittens do all of those things, too. They just love quilts! !

    ReplyDelete
  5. No wonder the kitties love it, cats are very good judges of quilts ;-) Shame about the shrinkage, but on the plus side the shrinkage itself is whats giving the quilt that final touch, it looks so snuggly and lovely :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. its magnificent....well done. i am officially in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's brilliant Di, and the curved bits certainly pop! You're a braver woman than me for even starting it, never mind finishing it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. a gorgeous quilt and two finishes for the year. Congrats! Your guests are lucky to have such lovely quilts to keep them warm.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd like the Mod Pop please should I ever find myself Chez Quiltova - it's just unbelievably gorgeous Di. I LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So gorgeous, Dianne! Your cats have the right idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the quilt. What about of you put the quilt on the bed sideways just below the pillows like a topper ?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning, well done for persevering!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My respects for finishing this "curved monster", my compliments for it's beauty and the quilting! And a little jealousy for owning two amazing guest room quilts! Great work, Di!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well done for finishing! I have to admit I'm a bit jealous, it's stunning. Maybe one day I will find the courage to tackle some curves :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's turned out magnificently Di! You should be so proud. The curved chains really pop out, and the quilted bits recede nicely. Well done, great finish. Definitely worth all the time and effort.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the colours of this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am not suprised you love it, because it is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a cool quilt Di - the curves are perfect, the quilting is great and I love the dotty backing. Well done! x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, I love it and you finished it on my birthday too! I think that the quilting looks so wonderful and the washing left it just perfectly crinkly and nice. Congratulations on the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is just beautiful! Mine was so not my favorite quilt to make either, but I'm so glad I did!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Di, I think it's one of my very favourite version of the pattern. I love how the quilting made the chains pop and how spring-like it seams in these greens and blues.

    ReplyDelete