06 February 2013

WIP Wednesday

And so the Mod Pod has almost reached the end.   The quilting is done, the binding is machined on and there's just the had stitching to do.



Not a brilliant photo, but I had to take the photo inside as it's wet and miserable outside. 


In the end I went with stippling the blue and leaving the green.  I still think the green could do with something to edge it, but I admit I have had enough of this quilt,so it's staying like this!  I think once it's washed, the green circles will stand out more.


The final shot shows the backing and the binding. 

So all there is to do is a few nights hand sewing in front of the fire and the t.v..  Should be finished by Sunday night at the latest!

Whilst this is still a WIP, I'm linking up with WIP Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

22 comments:

  1. I love the way you quilted it and think once it is finished you will be loving it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks great. I'm sure the green will really stand out once it's washed. Love the spring colours, especially as the weather here is grey and miserable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely Di! Can we get a "post wash" shot? I'd love to see the green and the blue after the wash :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely quilt--it makes me think that spring is coming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It´s really great, I love the colours combination.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks fab ....enjoy the binding - that's my favourite bit!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It does look smashing - a bit of binding-therapy and you will love it again x

    ReplyDelete
  8. i really like this dianne.....i know its been a bit of a chore but it looks fab x (what is a chinese fondu by the way?)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's beautiful; I love all these colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh good for you for not going with me and Gordon and doing something very lovely - it's a beautiful quilt Di and like child birth, all the issues of piecing and quilting will soon be forgotten!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice job finishing this! I love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your stippling is so perfect. This will look great once washed and all crinkly.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done you.
    I love this quilt.
    Can you believe I was discussing this very quilt whilst doing my swimming exercises on Tuesday !!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you love this quilt?! It is soooo good. Well done. The stippling looks great and a wash will stand the green out more I reckon. I know how it feels to be sick of a project, but I do hope you really love it and get lots of use out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Mod Pop is beautiful, the quilting works so well. Have a lovely time sewing that binding.

    ReplyDelete
  16. it is gorgeous! i love the colors, so bright and happy completely opposite from what is outside of your window i am sure! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh well done you - still trailing way behind here.

    ReplyDelete