11 March 2013

Been a long time

A few of you may have noticed that it has been unusually quiet here recently. I know I'm not a prolific blogger, but even for me, it's been quiet.  We've been away globe-trotting and whilst I had scheduled a few posts, I managed to mess one up totally whilst checking if it was OK !  Thanks for all your comments,which I did read, but there wasn't a lot of time to do much replying.

So where have we been?  Well we did a tour of Vietnam, then as we were nearly there, we popped over to Perth to stay with friends for a week.   We had a great holiday, and the time flew by, but it is really good to be back home.  Dogs, a decent cup of tea, and my own bed!  Unfortunately the journey home is very long and tiring, but I'm sure my body will work it all out soon!  And I promise I won't show you all of the 1500 + photos we took, but I do have some interesting stuff, honest!

Back home, we have hopefully missed the worst of the weather, although a cold snap and snow are forecast for the end of this week.  I did manage to get out onto the garden for an hour yesterday, tidying and a bit of pruning.  I also found a trough of spring bulbs in the greenhouse that I had forgotten all about.  They are just struggling through, and should be in full bloom soon


The mad tomato woman is off again I'm afraid.  This year I have sewn 4 seeds of each of 6 types of tomato, but I am only planning to plant 18 plants outside and maybe two in the greenhouse.   This will be a vast improvement on the 42 plants from 2 years ago, which earned me the title of mad tomato woman, and 28 last year.


I have also managed to get into my sewing room for a short half an hour, during which I tidied up the mess I left, sorted out what I have to do in March, and made a start on this months Sew Euro-bee-an blocks.  

Whilst I was away, I celebrated my birthday.  I started the day in Ho Chi Min city.  I was minding my own business eating my breakfast (fortunately facing towards the wall!) when the most awful music came over the speakers, and a very full breakfast room all sang happy birthday to me, and the staff presented me with a birthday cake!   A nice thought but totally embarrassing.  We were leaving Vietnam that day, so lunch was taken in Singapore (airport) and a late G & T was drunk in Perth.  Three countries and two continents on my birthday!   International jet-setter me!  

I also missed my second blogiversary before I left, and in way of a celebration, there may be a small giveaway planned.  I'm not sure what yet, but watch this space!

Right then, I'm off now to do some czech homework, then maybe a little sewing.  I'll be back soon with some photos of the holiday, I promise.....

15 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great trip (well maybe without the full rendition of Happy Birthday in a packed restaurant!) Looking forward to seeing how your tomatoes do. It's currently snowing here, so sounds as though it could be a bit of europe wide cold snap coming on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fabulous trip, Happy belated Birthday, and welcome back! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome back dianne, cant wait for the snaps .......what a fabulous trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to see you back safe sound and happy. Belated birthday wishes! Glad you had fun x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday, Di!
    That trip sounds amazing! I'm looking forward to see those photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Vietnam! Bet it's changed a lot since I was last there though. Glad you had a great time and celebrated your birthday in style.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Was Vietnam as beautiful as all the pictures? I’ve always wanted to go there. It’s on my list !

    I love how you say you were almost in Australia so you decided to pop over...Australia is a long way from Vietnam. Lets face it- Australia is a long way from anywhere !

    Happy Belated Birthday (I think its very cool that you managed to celebrate in three different places ) and happy Blogiversary.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome home! Wishing you a belated happy birthday and a happy blogiversary. Looking forward to seeing some of the pictures from your trip :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you made it home safely - and actually I think we're all rather looking forward to the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow what a trip!! Happy belated birthday xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, what a journey, I can't wait for the photos. And it's also great to know you've arrived home safely.
    Happy belated birthday and blogiversary, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  12. welcome home and happy belated birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome home and belated hiccy burpday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your birthday sounds a lot of fun!!If a tad embarrassing! Belated happy birthday Di. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was thinking of you today,thinking I hadn't seen your blog for a while. I didn't realise you we're coming over here to Oz. I bet you got the "best" of Aussie summer in Perth with her 35+ degree days! Bit different to home in March?!

    ReplyDelete