Thanks to 3 Rugby matches and cold windy weather over the weekend, no-one, not even the dogs and especially not the cats, showed any inclination to go out. Which meant I could spend all the time I wanted sewing.
I managed to finish the Siblings Together top
I must admit that the lining up of point and joints is not the best, but I'm very pleased with the overall look. Gordon did ask if I've finished it, because it clearly needs another strip down one side to even it up! Thanks Dear! Now I need a trip to Ikea or my LQS now to find some backing for it.
Once I'd put that one together, I needed to get on with making my block for Helen's Stitch Tease quilt and sewing it together with the other 8 blocks that I have received over the past year. It took a bit of fiddling, as all 9 of the blocks were slightly different sizes, but I got there in the end, and I think Helen is going to be so very pleased with it. Unfortunately, I can't reveal it just yet, but all the quilts will be posted off to their owners on April 1st, so there will be a big reveal shortly after that. Here's a heavily disguised shot of it to keep you going.
I also made a sweet little bag for a birthday gift using this pattern from in color order
It only took a couple of hours to make, so gives instant satisfaction!
And finally yesterday (stuck at home poorly cat sitting) I made progress on my Blue Lagoon quilt. The piles are mounting up.
I am making this 1 column and 2 rows bigger than the pattern, so had to do a little bit of maths to work out how many more four-blocks I needed. Not difficult stuff, and I always thought I was pretty good at maths, but look what I've got left!
I guess they will be going into the back then!
Linking up with Work in Progress Wednesday, as I have indeed made some progress!