20 March 2013

Thank you International Rugby

Thanks to 3 Rugby matches and cold windy weather over the weekend, no-one, not even the dogs and especially not the cats, showed any inclination to go out.   Which meant I could spend all the time I wanted sewing.

I managed to finish the Siblings Together top


I must admit that the lining up of point and joints is not the best, but I'm very pleased with the overall look.  Gordon did ask if I've finished it, because it clearly needs another strip down one side to even it up! Thanks Dear! Now I need a trip to Ikea or my LQS  now to find some backing for it.

Once I'd put that one together, I needed to get on with making my block for Helen's Stitch Tease quilt and sewing it together with the other 8 blocks that I have received over the past year.  It took a bit of fiddling, as all 9 of the blocks were slightly different sizes, but I got there in the end, and I think Helen is going to be so very pleased with it.  Unfortunately, I can't reveal it just yet, but all the quilts will be posted off to their owners on April 1st, so there will be a big reveal shortly after that.  Here's a heavily disguised shot of it to keep you going.

I also made a sweet little bag for a birthday gift using this pattern from  in color order



It only took a couple of hours to make, so gives instant satisfaction!

And finally yesterday (stuck at home poorly cat sitting) I made progress on my Blue Lagoon quilt.  The piles are mounting up.


I am making this 1 column and 2 rows bigger than the pattern, so had to do a little bit of maths to work out how many more four-blocks I needed.  Not difficult stuff, and  I always thought I was pretty good at maths, but look what I've got left!





I guess they will be going into the back then!

Linking up with Work in Progress Wednesday, as I have indeed made some progress!




WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

14 comments:

  1. You've been busy! The siblings quilt is great. It will be much loved and the points look good from where I am sat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Siblings quilt, and Helen's. You thought you had problems - getting yours to size was a work of major mathematical challenge, and some!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a lot on the go - hope the wee cat is recovering well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, lots of fabulous projects, love the ST quilt top, great work! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What's it with men and their need for symmetry? Mine husband's the same. I've got a hard time making things truly random and always keep some sense of order but your off-centre arrangement is fab.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All looking good from here and really like the look of your Blue Lagoon quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now I'm getting seriously excited!! Isn't it incredible how we were all completely imcapable of making strips or blocks of the correct size - I had to deal with strips that differed in length by about 3 inches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sheesh, did you sleep since Saturday?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely post packed full of pretties!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely Love your Siblings Together top :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The siblings quilt looks great, I love the design, off centre and all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness...did you even take a breath between doing all those lovely projects?

    Siblings together looks fabulous, I'm sure the pixelated surprise is gorgeous and I love that little tote bag.

    Your blue and white four patches have reminded me yet again how lovely a two colour quilt can be...hmnnnn maybe that's what I should be doing ith all those red fabrics I have!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I need a snow day and a few rugby matches so I can get my finish-along list completed. Well done, you!

    ReplyDelete