30 March 2013

You meet the nicest people......

Back to Vietnam again, I'm afraid!  One of my favourite parts about holidays in foreign parts, is the markets.  They are always so lively and colourful, each one different in every country.  We went to as many as we could find, but the best by a long way was a market we went to in the very north of the country, home to the minority people, the Flower Hmong. It was stuck on top of a hill miles from anywhere, and if you believe what we were told, many of the people leave their villages at 4 in the morning to walk to the market.

 





The girl with the baby is probably on around 13 or 14.  They marry and have babies very young amongst the minority peoples
My 3 new best friends.  We shared a glass of rice wine, and a joke or two!

You can buy anything from a pin to a water buffalo!

Oh, a memorable day!



8 comments:

  1. Oh, I love a good market. The clothes the women are wearing are gorgeous! Did you buy any fabric while there?
    Cheers to your new best friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love to have seen you belly laughing with your new best friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So did you go for the pin or the water buffalo in the end? Looks fabulous, I love all of the beautiful decorative fabrics/clothing. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the bright colours! So how many buffalo did you bring home?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish I could pull off the beaded leggings and jelly-shoe combo too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Next time you plan a trip like this we would love to join you. This is the way we like to travel and want to be more adventurous...but would love to go with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an experience! And a learning experience for me reading too. I didn't realise there is minority groups in Vietnam, but of course there would be. I've just never heard of them. I love the bright colours of the women's outfits and headdresses. Did you buy some fabric from this market?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I almost feel like I was there. Those clothes the ladies are wearing are amazing. Local markets are a great way to get a feel for the place. Did you bring home any bullocks?

    ReplyDelete