14 April 2013

Le Challenge

The time has come to reveal what we made for "Le Challenge" that Lucy and Nat are running.  Much to the delight of Gordon, I have decreed that my cushions need a make-over ( He would make-them-over all the way to the dustbin!), so I am going to pick of on the themes for Le challenge to replace them all over the next few months (and maybe add a few, but don't tell Gordon).

For my first challenge, I chose to make a cushion in oranges and yellows to go in the kitchen.  In a quick trawl through google (who am I kidding, I was looking through for hours)  I was drawn to this pattern.    I stuck with the one on the top left, as my skills in drawing up paper piecing patterns are limited.
I cut into my stash of Pagoda Lullaby, that I have been saving for just such an occasion


A very well hidden zip (this fabric is perfect for hiding things!)

Even though it's hidden, the zip was a perfect match to the binding!


I hand quilted around each pattern in orange - you can just about see it in this picture



I wanted to show you the cushion it replaced, just so that you could see the improvement, and as a reminder to myself never to that to happen again.  But I must have thrown it away in disgust!

The Linky is now open if you want to have a look at what else has been made. And tomorrow we find out what the theme is next month.


22 comments:

  1. Ooh what an interesting block you've used in your cushion. And that zip is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job! lovely colour/fabric choices and cool block too, i've not seen that before :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the fabrics and colours you used, wish they were mine

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, and looks lovely on that chair too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! The zip is so well hidden! Great that the theme gives you so much inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh it's gorgeous Di! I love the design and the colours you used - really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful fabrics and I like your stitching

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovelly ... and I wont breath a word!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your fabric choices. Beautiful pillow.
    AmandaK@whatthebobbin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh great idea, our cushions have seen better days too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, this is lovely. Fabulous fabrics and design

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that pattern and the fabrics you chose! Gordon should be a happy man.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really quirky pattern and I love the background fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I must introduce your Gordon to my gran - when showing her the quilts I've been working on of late she said, 'And who's that one for?' upon seeing the first one. 'Oh,' says I, 'That's for me.' 'And what about that one?' 'Err, me again.' 'And that one?' 'Well me really, but you see some are for my room, and some for the spare room, and some for the sofa...' 'So you haven't thought about selling any of them then?' 'Ummm, no, not really, especially as 2 are bee quilts, I can't give them away let alone sell them.' 'Right...'

    I'm sure Gordon will get over it anyway, and I like overhaul #1

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a gorgeous cushion! I love the fabrics you have used :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic!! Love the fabrics and a great pattern. Very clever with the zip too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. The way you hid your zip is amazing! Love the colors, really fun and colorful pillow! Have never seen that block before, really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a lovely pattern it reminds me of old fashion airplanes!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is a perfectly hidden zip and a lovely cushion. I must check out le challenge soon.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really ike this design and your fabrics are perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely cushion, looks fantastic, that really is a hidden zipper, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a lovely pillow/cushion! I love both the colors you've chosen and the patchwork design. Great job!! Can't wait to see what you come up with for the new theme. :)

    ReplyDelete