For my first challenge, I chose to make a cushion in oranges and yellows to go in the kitchen. In a quick trawl through google (who am I kidding, I was looking through for hours) I was drawn to this pattern. I stuck with the one on the top left, as my skills in drawing up paper piecing patterns are limited.
I cut into my stash of Pagoda Lullaby, that I have been saving for just such an occasion
A very well hidden zip (this fabric is perfect for hiding things!)
Even though it's hidden, the zip was a perfect match to the binding!
I hand quilted around each pattern in orange - you can just about see it in this picture
The Linky is now open if you want to have a look at what else has been made. And tomorrow we find out what the theme is next month.