30 April 2013

Siblings Together

Like many fellow quilter/bloggers out there in the ether, this year I am contributing a quilt to the Siblings Together Charity.  Many of you will know about it, but for those that don't you can read about it here and here.
I made my quilt using one layer cake of Little Apples from Aneela Hoey. I used this really quick technique to make half square triangles, and then played around with the placement until I came up with the design I liked.



It was at this stage that Gordon helpfully asked if there was going to be another column down the side because, did I realise it wasn't centred.  Yes dear!  Once pieced there was a pause until I could get to Ikea for the backing fabric.  But now it's all finished so yesterday afternoon I took advantage of the sunny weather and took it out for a photo shoot.





It's not quite the prescribed size, but I was limited by the design, and the colour of the pieces in the layer cake.  I just couldn't manage another "round" in the right colours .  I hope it will be OK.   All I need now is the label, which hopefully is on it's way to me right nowhome and will be much appreciated, then it will be on it's way.  It's definitely a girl's quilt, but probably not a girlie girl.  Perhaps more of a tomboy type!  Anyway, I'm sure the guys at ST will find it a good home and it will be much appreciated.

12 comments:

  1. It's a brilliant quilt and it will be loved very much indeed. The ST people said last year it was almost like the quilts had been tailor made they matched up to individuals so well, therefore I am sure that will happen again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely, what a great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely job missus, I'm sure they wont care too much about exact measurements (at least I hope not!!) cos it looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done! It's a really nice quilt and I'm sure it will be perfect for any girl.
    I've only sewn two rows of my ST quilt together so I really need to get a move on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is one of my favorite HST layouts and perfect fabrics for a child. It will be loved.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wasn't that *helpful* of himself... It looks great to me :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks lovely, and Im sure someone will love receiving it. Congratulations on the finish - finishing always feels great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's perfect for ST!! I didn't get the scale of it until the second photo and you've done a brilliant job on it Di - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colour combination! I am sure who ever receives it is going to love and cherish it! Dianne, I have nominated you for the Liebster Award, just pop over to my blog for the rules here : http://sewingsophia.blogspot.pt/2013/05/liebster-blog-award-premio-liebster.html Take care!

    ReplyDelete