05 May 2013

Art Trading Cards Swap

Very Berry Handmade


Until a few weeks ago, I had never heard of Art Trading Cards.  Then I read this post by Ali at Very Berry Handmade, and it really sparked my imagination.

Just in case, like me, you don't know about ATC's (look I'm picking up the jargon), a trading card is in effect, a very small mini quilt or mug rug, just 2.5 in x 3.5 in.  This is a fabric specific swap, but they but they can be made using any type of media that you like.  They can then be traded or swapped, and people collect them.

I now have my swap partner, and a million ideas of what to make, all of which are probably totally impossible in a space 2.5 in x 3.5 in!  Here are some that I've seen of flickr to give you (and me) some idea of what I'm talking about





Isn't the campervan just wonderful.  That one is actually Ali's

So despite my resolve not to join anything else, I'm in.  But it's only small isn't it.  I can do this at night in front of the TV.  And I do have to the end of May.

7 comments:

  1. Looks fab, and I was sorely tempted too- only being behind on my other committments stopped me! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great fun, I did deliberate, maybe next time xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I joined in too, cos it's only wee... Haven't played with one since my scrapbooking days, so it's probably time for another!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so nearly joined in but the size put me off - I'm not very good at small! Ali is great and so I bet it's a fun swap - I can't wait to see what you do. btw, I saw she had someone in CZ and I wondered if it was you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you, now think mini.... lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea. So cute and you can be as creative as you like. Cant wait to see your end product!

    ReplyDelete