15 May 2013

Le Challenge - Wait for me

Today is the day I can reveal what I made in this months "Le Challenge".  Now, I know I wrote a teaser post about it, but I managed to delete it completely (don't ask!) and I can't remember what I wrote,  so if I'm repeating myself, I apologise!

The theme this month was wings, and after some cruising through the internet I came up with using flying geese, then I found a tutorial for a slightly different style of flying geese.  Unforunately I cannot find the link back to it anymore, so I have to apologise to the author for not recognising her hard work!  But I did draw up the template for the paper piecing myself!

 


We get a lot of geese flying over our house - I think we must be on the flight path to their summer holidays - and I've sort of copied their formation.



 Although in truth, they are a bit of a raggle taggle bunch.  No where near as orderly as mine!  But there are always stragglers, and I have one little goose who is getting left behind.  Hence it's name "Wait for me"!

I tried piping for the first time, and managed to sew it onto the wrong side of the fabric, so I would have had internal piping!



The back is made from a fabric I bought in the fabric shop in Brno that I have started going to.  It's a Makeower fabric, and I just love it.  The colours are so me!



And finally both of my Le challenge cushions together



I think I might squeeze another one in, but don't tell Gordon!

21 comments:

  1. Oh that is so cute. Love that you altered the size and it looks just like a gaggle of geese flying over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These geese look gorgeous! I love seeing both your cushions on the sofa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is gorgeous and fits thd theme perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I love the little one getting left behind and the clever title. Nice work.
    Amandak@whatthebobbin

    ReplyDelete
  5. So so cute! Especially next to the first challenge! Where are you going to put the maritime theme interpretation I wonder! Thanks for sharing on le challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love the straggler! I expect your geese are on the way here :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute! They really do look like a flock of flying geese.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hee hee, I love the one catching up :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. well done ... hey not every one can get the piping on the inside xx lol x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the new style geese, they're beautiful! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this! They do look good together, but I think they could do with another friend, or two!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is fantastic! Love everything about it, Di. Obviously Gordon will be happy with this new addition to the household.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your creative name for this challenge piece Do, and the formation of your fabric pieces is perfect.

    I really like these cushions. You did a fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great cushions, and I especially like the wonky flying geese!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your geese cushion! That style of geese is very nice and I think it's so sweet to have a little story in your cushion with the straggler! Great Le Challenge make.

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is really brilliant. I love it and might copy you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so cute, I love the little one that got left behind.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ohh, I love this different type of geese. And the little straggler is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love it!!! As a big flying geese fan I might just give hat one a go!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your flying geese cushion - especially the way you have altered the size on each row. It looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The gueese are so cute Dianne!! I agree with you, the back fabric is lovely! Great job!

    ReplyDelete