28 May 2013

Stitch Tease basted

Visitors descended chez-quiltova this weekend.  We have been friends with Carol and Clive since we all worked together at Pirelli back in the late 70's/early 80's  Carol and I sat next to each other, talked all day (in the days when you could do that!) then went out or phoned each other at night.  You know the sort of thing.  We after 40 years, we can still talk like that!  Our husbands haven't really got a word in edgways all weekend!

We've been out walking, just locally, cooked, played games, and best of all, although she not a needlewoman, and (she won't mind me saying this) frankly I wouldn't let her near a needle and thread, she has helped me baste my stitch tease  quilt.  I was really dreading it, because it was so big, and by the time I'd put the borders on, it was a little lumpy.  But it makes such a difference with two people, one of which is NOT your husband and gets fed up after 30 seconds!

The back went down perfectly (although it's a terrible photo - I think I had my finger over the lens!)


Then the batting and top


and 40 minutes later, it was all pinned


It's a bit wavy, but better than I expected, and better than I could have done on my own!  From now on I will be making this a condition of all friends and family's visits!  In fact, if I had had enough batting and pins, I would have done this one too!


Our friends go home today, so guess what I'll be doing tonight.

13 comments:

  1. The quilt looks great, how are you going to quilt it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weekends spent with old friends are just the best - I'm a bit envious ;) Can't wait to see the ST quilt quilted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always great to spend time with friends, and even better when they can make themselves useful! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Usefull friends? Surely the very best sort! Cracking quilt, Grommit, hurry up and finish! *g*

    P.S. I am basting this afternoon and HATE it - fancy popping in?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That quilt looks so good all nicely basted. A good idea to enlist your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate basting, but looks like you both made short work of it-what a great friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, I love the quilt. What a good idea ... get friends to do the basting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, can you send her over here next please, I've got a couple to baste :oD

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's what I call a true friend- someone who'll get down on their hands and knees and help you baste a quilt. (especially when they dont even sew!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad to have found you through the VBH ATC swap. You have a lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh it looks so lovely all basted there. And what a great friend you have (I could do with her here if she wants to come visit!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. old friends make the best friends, but new friends are pretty fun too. Glad you were able to get the stitch tease quilt basted. Looking forward to seeing a finish.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh you know I would rather put pins in my eyes than pin-baste a quilt, but you ladies did great xxx

    ReplyDelete