05 June 2013

ATC Swap

My very first ATC card has been finished and went off to it's new home yesterday.  It's fairly conservative (like me really!) but for a first effort, I'm really pleased with it.  Hope my secret partner likes it!


Thanks to the wee folk at  Wee Folk Art for the pattern, which I had to shrink right down to make the 2.5 x 3.5 inch required size.   I would normally say I'm not very neat at had sewing, but I think my stem stitch was spot on!  I stiffened it with a piece of thick canvas fabric, and edged it with a stitch I found on my machine, leaving the edges raw.  I cut the stiffening fabric slightly smaller, and didn't realise just how much it showed up until I took this photo, which was too late!   Lesson learned for next time.

I did write on the back, but forgot to take a picture.  It's OK, it wasn't very interesting.

Now I just have to sit and wait for my card to arrive.  When you make these secret swap goodies, it's only at the last minute that you remember someone is making something for you!

9 comments:

  1. it looks great ... and SMALL! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Di! It's bright and colourful and your stitching is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a great card Di - can't wait to see what you get!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet.
    Your stem stitch is definitely spot on.
    Great ATC

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this. It would make a beautiful name tag for retreat too, just a tad bigger

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your secret partner (guess not so secret any more as I am commenting here) LOVES IT!!! I had selected from the Flickr group some of my favourite ones to show in a post... when I check the letter box and one of my favourite was mine! Thank you so much for making such a lovely card, it is adorable! will treasure it always! Nati x

    ReplyDelete