01 June 2013

Fresh Sewing Day

May saw the start of several new bees related to the Siblings Together charity.  I started one up for quilters in Europe and we are already on the road, making Lineoleum blocks for me - that's mine in the middle.  We are still one person short of a full bee, so how about it?  We only have to make ONE large block per month, made from our own stashes, so postage costs are minimal, and you will get to know some lovely ladies!  And of course, it's for a very good cause.



The other two blocks are for Di in the second round of the Stitch Tease bee on the right, and for Christine in the Sew Euro-bee-an bee on the left.

I also posted off my Siblings Together 2012 quilt



The theme of this round of Le Challenge was wings.  My contribution was called "Wait for me" and was inspired by the geese that are always flying over our part of the world, on their way somewhere!





The theme for the next round is Maritime, and whilst I have started mine, I probably won't finish it if I have no sewing machine

I made a couple of small bags for the SMS giveaway


And finally, I made my first Art Trading Card, but that deserves it's own post, so I'm only going to show my part finished card


 
Today I'm linking up with Lynne's Fresh Sewing Day, and if you joined me from there, thanks for calling in!

16 comments:

  1. I love your 'wait for me' flying geese pillow!
    Visiting from FSD..& your newest follower..

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your work is superb - I am in love with your Siblings Together quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your projects are wonderful, Dianne! I am completely in love with your Wait For Me pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love all your yummy stuff, the cushion is too cute

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new look of your blog...so clean and uncluttered...also admire your photography skills!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun projects! I love your little apples quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some great project finishes, I particularly love those geese :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. All looking great - hope the machine is healed soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have been a busy bee! Great makes

    ReplyDelete
  10. everything looks great. I especially like your itty bitty card you are working on

    ReplyDelete
  11. What fantastic finishes you had in May! I love that sneak peek at the art trading card :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow Di - you've had a great month!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh I love those bags ...do you have a pattern that you can share?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a pretty successful month!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, You've been busy! Love the quilt and really love the flying geese cushion..in fact it's all lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is a beautiful work:-)
    Ajka

    ReplyDelete