12 June 2013

Modern Mini Challenge

If you are visiting from the Modern Mini Challenge linky at Ellison Lane, welcome to my blog. 

I am resolved at the moment not to start anything new or join in anything new until I have finished some of my outstanding projects.  So when I saw that the Modern Mini Challenge was coming up, my first thought was no, nothing new.  But then I found  I can enter something I've made in the last 6 months, and I knew I wanted to enter this little baby


I made it for the first round of Le Challenge, the theme being geometrics. There are so many firsts for me in this cushion.  It's the first cushion I have made for myself.  It is the first thing I have made from a pattern design which I drew up myself.  The first time I used anything other than white as a background - it's Sketch by the way, and I love it and will be using it often!  And finally it's the first time I did any proper hand quilting that looked reasonable!



I used the same fabric for the backing.


And fitted a zip in the back


I love this cushion.  It does get badly treated by my cushionophobic husband, and is regularly thrown across the kitchen.  It is also a favourite place of one of the cats, but is a survivor!

Details
Pattern:  A geometric pattern seen somewhere in t'interweb and turned into a foundation paper pieceing template by me
Made for:  Me (for a change!)
Fabrics:  Pagoda Lullaby and Indie for the main blocks and binding, and Sketch for the background and backing
Size 16" x 16"

I hope you are enjoying all of the other minis over at Ellison Lane, and thanks for visiting my  little blog!

12 comments:

  1. love this! I know what you mean about a husband that is a cushionophobic...ive got one of those too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great - what a lovely pattern! If you and the cat like it, it doesn't matter about your husband:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's gorgeous! I love the dark background fabric - the stitching looks fantastic against it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It should get points for survival skills alone ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm I think Gordon needs a talking to!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I seriously love that sketch fabric...and your cushion is brilliantly put together. The colours are perfect together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great on the Sketch fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your pillow is lovely and I really like the shapes. Very striking! Thanks for entering the Modern Mini Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great cushion and tell Mr. Quiltova to be nice to the cushion!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is such a lovely project.
    I love the colors you choose. scratch hatch is just perfect background.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful pillow, I love the colors with the sketch fabric as a background. Absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete