04 June 2013

RAIN, RAIN, RAIN

Thanks to everyone who has enquired about my safety, because of the flooding in Czech Republic.  Fortunately we are in the south, not where the worst of the flooding is, and we live and work in towns where there are no rivers.   But it really has been horrendous weather - pouring with rain on and off for the last 4 days, and 10 degrees to boot.  We have fought off putting the heating back on, but we've been having fires again these last few nights. 

Because of the weather, I have had every excuse to stay indoors and sew, but here I am with no machine!  I've done some re-organising of shelves/drawers/containers etc and been prepping as much as possible.  The good news is my machine is finished - repaired and serviced for the grand total of around 17 quid, and I'm off to pick it up tomorrow.

In the meantime, here's some nice photos to cheer me up!


A well freshly stocked, well ordered wood shed all ready for winter.


 A pretty flower covering up a grey concrete wall


The wild flower meadows in the Chateau Park, last weekend


 The herb garden in Valtice Chateau gardens


 The poppies n the field next to our house




And my friend Carol and I being more than a little bit silly


Keep your fingers crossed for better weather!





12 comments:

  1. fingers crossed for you x having had miserable weather for MONTHS I do symathise x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Diane - here we are in France complaining about our awful spring and you are having an horrendous time! Thank you for posting your lovely pictures. Here we are very green and lush but the summer stuff - toms, geraniums etc are suffering from a very late frost and no warmth. Hopefully things will improve soon for us all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw what awful weather you have been having - stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh to have a herb garden that size *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do hope that rain stops soon...it would be nice for you to have Summer!

    Gorgeous photos Di. I think landscapes are your thing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boo to rubbish weather, yay to getting your machine fixed (for a v good price!) :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you're safe. What a wonderful woodshed, much tidier than mine. Your garden and surrounding fields are glorious. Everything here is so late because of the awful weather we've been having..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't know about the floods but very glad all is okay where you are!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you are in a flood free area and that there is still so much beauty in abundance despite all the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you have dry toes, and a working machine again xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I had no idea the Czech Republic was having such terrible flooding. The Australian news media is shite. Honestly, the half hour news programs are 10 mins of news that is mostly trivial topics or general interest stories, with maybe one international story,15 minutes of sport and 5 mins of local weather. They are such "magazine" productions these days. I really should watch the news on our govt channel ABC or SBS which is our multicultural channel. They cover much more world news. And 10 degrees in summer OMG! We're having our winter days nearly that cold here at the moment, and I'm freezing with a quilt over my knees. Hope you get a proper summer soon, and for long!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm reading this a few days late, but I hope the rain has stopped and summer is around the corner for you. Glad your machine was fixed.

    ReplyDelete