19 June 2013

WIP Wednesday

As I write this at 8 o'clock in the morning, I should have been sitting in a classroom with my husband, taking a czech examination in order to get a permanent residency permit.  But I'm not.  As is often the way here in Czech, life throws up little surprises, some good, some bad.  On Monday we went across to the Ministry of the Interior offices in Breclav to get our free voucher for the exam, but that office had closed in February, and we had to drive 50 kms to the nearest office Brno.  After waiting for around 30 minutes in 30 degree + temperatures, we were told by a puzzled man there, that as EU citizens, we didn't have to take the test!  We had both checked the requirements on the internet, as had our teacher, and the examiner!  So we filled our forms in and just have to wait for the residency permit to arrive in the post!  Simples!

So instead of sitting in a hot classroom, I have been sitting in a hot sewing room, making my bee blocks for Katy.  She wanted a feather

   
And some flying geese.  All was going well until the final cut to trim off the excess seam allowance, and look what I did


Top right, I managed to cut through the fabric too!  So that'll have to come off now.  All I can say is I'm hot and mithered!

I have also been working on a little something for my Stitch Tease block in July.  A little hand sewing in the shade!


All those french knots make it very slow progress!  This could be ready for July next year!

There's lots of other stuff hanging around not getting finished, maybe for another post. And it doesn't look like I'm going to have many finishes for this quarters FAL, but hey ho!

Have a good Wednesday!

14 comments:

  1. Hurray for no test, it sounds like it might have been scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, we are living in a country with many surpises. Your hand stitching looks very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops ! looks as if the NO TEST theory has thrown you out of your stride!! good news though xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you not to take an exam. But do not stop to learn Czech. Next time we will talk only Czech.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good news on the exam, boo-hiss for the block slicing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, it's always good news when you don't have to do an exam and pass anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great that you don't have to take the exam, shame about the block, at least it was one of the external pieces, and not the middle section :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Im all for being able to skip a test.

    Bugger about the block...as Heart said though at least it just involves taking that one piece off and sewing another. (not a hint of having major unpicking to do !)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Despite the hiccup the flying geese block is fabulous. I love your fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an interesting peek into your life! I love everything you are working on, especially the way the lady in facing and pondering the feather!!!! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the feather - looks as though your sewing room was the more fun option.

    ReplyDelete
  12. glad the exam situation worked out. A for effort at least.
    The feather and geese look good. I am sure you fixed it up perfectly.
    ARe we embroidering for your month as queen? Yikes I better learn how!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bureaucracy! So much easier to fill out a form than the language. Is UK a member of the European Union? I wasn't sure coz they don't use the Euro.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Buggeration on the slicing, but at least it was on the side bit :o)

    ReplyDelete