26 June 2013

WIP Wednesday

I dropped Gordon off at the airport yesterday evening, so for a couple of days, I can please myself. As I wasn't at work today, guess what I've been doing.  Apart from my Czech lesson this morning, and a break for lunch and a tidy up, I've sewn all day.  

My main priority was to crack on with this little baby


It's been a long time in the making, and quilting it hasn't been without it's dramas!  But I got it finished this morning and got straight on with squaring up the edges, and sewing on the binding.  I've already made the binding, and using Susan's brilliant idea for a binding holder, I had it finished in next to no time.


Wind your binding around an old cotton reel, slip the whole thing onto an old CD, then pop it all onto the spare bobbin holder on your machine (if it has one of course).  Bind as you go!  I honestly makes the sewing on of the binding soooo much easier.

So tonight I am all set to sew the binding down, and I should be OK for the Q2 FAL!   I just need a good film to watch.  Any recommendations?

12 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! I watched "Salmon Fishing in the Yemen" last week, it was awesome! I know it sounds odd but it's a lovely wee romantic comedy with Ewan McGregor and Emily Blunt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got to try that bobbin winding trick. Are you bringing this quilt to FQ retreat?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sneak peek! And thanks for passing along the tip about winding up the binding - I'll have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks lovely. I especially like your binding!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw Lincoln recently ....that's three hours of my life I'm never getting back so give that a miss (Apologies to your American readers )

    So close to a finish ..go you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh fantastic! I watched sleepless in Seattle on telly the other night, it is a cute film!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting, good luck with sewing the last of the binding!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so excited about all these Stitch Tease quilts approaching completion. Glad the spool trick worked for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your day sounds wonderful, I am looking forward to seeing that quit finished.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hope you are having fun with your sewing time xx maybe you could throw around a few cushions as well xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. That binding holder is too cool! I was having a ball with my binding last night...it fell, it twisted all over...what a pain. Going to see more about that great idea.

    PS, your quilting looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So was Gordon going somewhere, or did you just drop him off at the airport for peace and quiet? ;o)

    ReplyDelete