30 July 2013

Made it home......

It seems like an age since I last blogged (at least 2 weeks) and certainly the longest I've ever gone.    I was in London for the FQ retreat for the weekend, then I spent the next week with my brother and his wife in Nottingham.  When I got back home on Saturday, it was to ridicuously high temperatures

Not conducive to doing anything much.  I managed to get a couple of loads of washing done and dried (in around 30 seconds) but that was about all.  Thankfully it's much cooler today, the heat apparently is on it's was to Annabella in Morocco!  Sorry Annabella!

So on to the FQR.  As you would expect, I had a great time there, but unfortunately didn't take many photos at all, well not sensible ones anyway.  I was fortunate to be in the company of Helen and Di for most of the weekend, as we stayed in the same hotel, and my husband and Di's were out on the town getting into trouble together!


Sorry guys, but I love this photo. You were being very silly!


It was great to meet up again with people I met last year also met lots of new people who I didn't meet last year/weren't there last year/haven't read their blogs .

Here's a few photos


This was my swap group. Unfortunately, despite my efforts to ensure I know who these ladies are, I now can't find the information, so only know that the lady second from the right is Sarah from Duck Egg Threads.  Can anyone help me with the two ladies on the outsides?  However, the gifts I received were tremendous. The tote bag you see  the right which is appliqued with some lovely fabric from   The Little House Martin.  A sandwich bag, which helpfully had a note explaining what it was, and a piece of bread, just in case of doubt.  And the lovely bunting which reads "Happy Days.  Thank you ladies.

 This photo just made me laugh - where would we be without our phones?  
On Saturday night we went off to find somewhere for a meal - Katy and Gordon seemed to get on well.  I wonder why?  Sorry Katy!  We had a lovely meal in a Moroccan restaurant, but sadly missed out on the belly dancer who entertained another group who went later.
And this is 6 out of 8 our stitch tease group with Katy's quilt from the first round.  I think if you look very closely Annabella and Danny were with us in spirit.

We had a great goodie bag but unfortunately, as I was a bit pushed for space on the way back (understatement)  I had to leave a few bits with my SIL and forgot to photograph it.  But thanks to all the sponsors anyway!

And finally a picture of Charlies Angels (the younger version of course)

So named by a very nice man watering the flowers along Gloucester Road!  I think the name will stick. (It's just a shame I look like I'm about to bite someone)  Thank you ladies for making my weekend special.  Looking forward to Charlotte!

If you want to see more photos of the retreat, there are loads on flickr  and at the Fat Quarterly blog.


Tomorrow I'll do a post about the things I made, and the blocks I took with me and collected from my various bees and swaps.  

17 comments:

  1. I am so glad to have had a chance to see you again, it was great fun. I enjoyed your pictures too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear you enjoyed yourself. Well I did not expect anything else :-) Do you also go to Prague's Patchwork Meeting?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you have a great time and it was lovely to meet you and tag along to your meal out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was fab to meet you, and you definitely made a trip of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 42.6! OMG did you come home to Australia?! I didn't know it even got that hot in Central Europe. I love your photos. The one of the misters taking selfies is hilarious. It's a great photo of you three Angels. I don't think you look like you'll bit someone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The lady on the right in your swap is Ann on Flickr as DogsUnLtd

    I was talking to the lady on the left, but can't remember her name. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Dianne, you have even more than we do! Here is now about +35C, too much for me. You must have great time there with all the sewing friends! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  8. The lady on your left is Kate-who-doesn't-blog ;) Think her Flickr name is naartjies1

    ReplyDelete
  9. knowing it was a wonderful weekend makes it easier to cope with not being able to go somehow xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that pic of the boys! That's how all husbands should look when we mention sewing, Retreat and other such things!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was great to meet you and good that the boys enjoyed themselves too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome home! Those temperatures are utterly ridiculous.

    It looks and sounds like you had the best time away . Lots of lovely pictures, fun times with friends, and some beautiful gifts!

    I think you need a holiday to get over your holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes - it's here thank you... midnight and 33°C...ughh. Lovely post and very happy to be there in spirit :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. A belated welcome home, and it was good to see you. Also good to put a face and belly laugh to Gordon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like your post so much. Of course, the photo of Gorgon and Paul is a classic and will forever haunt them. Miss you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah I see you got a photo of Katy's best side!!!

    ReplyDelete