15 July 2013

Le Challenge - Toffee


This months Le challenge theme was indeed quite a challenge - Toffee.  Mmm well after getting my brian cell working, I came up with a very tenuous link.  Are you ready

Everton Football club aka The toffees

 http://d25yla7xp697oa.cloudfront.net/assets/_files/images/nov_12/efc__1352294764_squad.jpg


So named because of their link with

 EVERTON MINTS,gelatine-free gelatin free wrapped Boiled   Crunchy  Mint  Boiled & Crunchy  sweets,retro sweets,retro sweetshops,liquorice sweets,toffees,toffee sweets,boiled sweets

Everton toffees - which are stripey

Result: one stripey cushion



- not blue and white like Everton, I'll grant you, nor black and white like the mints, but stripey nevertheless!

Made mainly with Mama Said Sew fabrics, it's bordered with the grey lazy daisy print, and back by some hoops


I quilted it in squares, using a dark red aurifil from the pack that I won, starting from each corner, and a single line crossing in the middle


I'm so pleased that I joined in with Le Challenge from the beginning, as  I have now completed 3 cushion (plus one to be hand quilted at FQR next weekend) in my bid to replace all my rather sad cushion covers.   Here they are all together


For those of you worried for the safety of my cushion, due to a cushion-o-phobe husband, they seem to be safe if I split them up.  However, he sees no need for three in the kitchen, and is a little worried where/when this will all end!

We will have to wait and see what the next challenge is!





14 comments:

  1. Love the newest cushion! Silly husbands...it's only a problem if there more than 10 of something. At least that is what I say to mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty cool! I like your fabric choice and the idea of making cushions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look fab together, and I like your style with getting to the toffee link!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cushion collection is stunning. Love the coloyrs in your stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Completely cute . I love those colours !

    Why do men dislike cushions? Mr. P is exactly the same.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way you came up with this project. The cover is so cute and I love that grey and red fabric together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful creative thinking and a great cushion finish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Men!! Your cushion cover is gorgeous and love the triplets group shot :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving you fabric choices on your cushions

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great interpretation! Of course, I love pillows! Your is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the interpretation! The theme was even more opened than what I thought Brilliant! Thanks for participating in le challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. your pillows look so great all together :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. gorgeous cushion and what great thinking!! I love the links, so funny and clever! Your husband might like the heroes theme?! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great to see you in London, I think you should make a cushion for each of the challenges!

    ReplyDelete