31 July 2013

WIP Wednesday




 WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

 I'm currently in 3 bees, and have recently had my turn as queen bee in two of them.  I was loaded up with blocks by fellow bee-ers at the recent Fat Qarterly retreat, so now I'm back home, I have rooted them all out of the various (and many) piles around my sewing room to see what I've got.

Firstly, June was my month in the Euro Siblings Together bee,  I kicked the year off with a simple block called Linoleum.  I asked for orange, lime green and turquoise - here's my original block.


And here's what I have now


Just one block missing, which we are currently trying to track down, then I can get it put together.  I'm not sure whether to do some bright sashing, or whether to keep it white with coloured corner blocks.  What do you think?

My other bee month is July in the Stitch Tease Bee.   In this one, I asked for a a block with a white panel in the centre, square or rectangular between 5-8 inches, surrounded by scrappy blocks to make it up to 12.5 inches. In the centre I would like  "a little something" . I don't mind what - embroidery, hexies, applique, paper pieced, machine pieced, whatever. Mine was a little bit of embroidery, which reminds me never to choose something with french knots again! 

Stitch Tease 2 - July

And here's what I have so far



It is so exciting seeing these blocks appearing - I just don't know what is coming next.  It's going to make an amazing quilt!

That's enough for today I think.  Hop over to Lee at Freshly Pieced to see what other people are up to.




11 comments:

  1. so bright and fun! i like the idea of using white sashing with colored cornerstones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blocks you have so far, just need to make a decision on mine for you! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the white the way it is but whatever you decide will be great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, those first blocks are a lot bigger than imagined until I saw them all together! Nice, easy big quilt :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh. I couldn't be at any bee I would have such a hard time to put these together. Good luck with yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both sets have come together so well - a couple more super quilts in the making xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the linoleum blocks look great without sashing but I might consider a while then skinny blue border to tie it all together.No matter what you do that quilt is going to look fantastic!

    And the second one is a modern kind of sampler quilt- Cant wait to see what you end up with there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love that block. Simple yet very interesting and makes a cool secondary pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel terrible I am late. I am never late. I will work on your blocks this weekend and post next week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The blocks are wonderful and the quilts will be too. Bees are fun!

    ReplyDelete