20 August 2013

Stitch Tease 2

 



July was my month in the second round of the Stitch Tease bee.  The problem with this bee is always going to be even matching the first round quilt, let alone beat it!

After much deliberation I asked everyone to make a white centre panel 5-8",surrounded by scrappy blocks to make it up to 12.5 inches. In the centre I asked for the girls to "do a little something" . I don't mind what - embroidery, hexies, applique, paper pieced, machine pieced, whatever took their fancy. Mine was a little bit of embroidery, which reminds me never to choose something with french knots again!

Stitch Tease 2 - July

And once again, as you would expect, the Stitch Tease bee-ers are doing me proud.  I am stunned by the blocks I am getting back








Here they are all together



Aren't they impressive?  I still have 10 blocks to come, but already I am thinking of trying to make a medallion style quilt, putting one of the non-directinal blocks in the centre and building the rest around it. It's going to be WONDERFUL!  I just know it.  Even Mr Quiltova is impressed, which is pretty impressive in itself!

Thanks to all the contributors so far, especially the ladies who thrust the blocks into my hot, sticky little hands in London.  I didn't have time to open them at the time, so didn't get to thank them.

12 comments:

  1. Gosh Di these look great. What a talented bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, they're looking good together! I'm impressed we impressed Mr Q too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got pretty nice collection already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderfully diverse bunch of blocks. This is going to make such a pretty quilt.

    You certainly have some talented friends...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are some lovely blocks. I hope mine arrive soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are adorable! My fave is the vw bus :D Can't wait to see them all. xoxo melzie

    ReplyDelete
  7. woohoo!! They look amazing, mine were shipped last week so they should be arriving soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They all look fab so far, and i promise I haven't forgotten you, i just haven't done them yet. Little one starts school next week so hopefully i can recapture the magic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the kombi van! Katy? I'm impressed with Mr Quiltova's response too. Sounds like my husband! The quilt is going to be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful work .... you are very smart .... I would like you to peek :-)
    Ajka

    ReplyDelete