30 August 2013

The Blue Beast - finished


When Pippa said she was hosting TGIFF  I knew exactly what I wanted to finish to show off.  

I am more relieved than you can possibly imagine, to be able to tell you that the Blue Lagoon quilt is finished!  It seems to have dragged on forever, and has not been the most exciting quilt to make.  But the result, as always is well worth it.  I started the quilt in January, although I agreed to make for my friend it over a year before that!




I um'ed an errr'd about how to quilt it - In the end I chose to quilt it diagonally in Aurifil 50 in cream - the quilt is very "square" and the diagonals make a secondary pattern.  A variegated blue thread would have been quite nice, but I stuck with conservative cream, as it wasn't for me.


Friends Marks and Rose stayed with us last week, so I put the quilt on their bed to surprise them

Before it went off to it's new home, I had a few very wet days to get some photos, so they are not the brightest!





 And of course, a photo with Ted!


Quilt Details
Pattern: Blue Lagoon from Jelly Roll Quilts by Nicky and Pam Lintott
Fabrics:  An assortment bought in the UK, CZ and from my stash.  Sashing Kona Snow
Thread:  Aurifil 50 - 2026
Started:  January 2013
Finished: Auust 2013
Made for friends Mark & Rose.

Follow this link to some of the other lovely finishes this week


15 comments:

  1. Oh, it's so beautiful! I love the soft colours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice and I love the quilting! Congrats on great finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this one - it is perfect in so many ways :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great job Di! Sigh.....I wish I was a fraction as productive as you.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. very nice quilt. I just finished a top like it, checker-board on white

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks lovely Di, bet they were pleased with their gorgeous gift!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for linking up, its a gorgeous quilt, sometimes the simple older styles are winners. Hope the new owners love it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It does look stunning - well done on having it ready and waiting xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fresh yet classic -- beautiful! So glad you linked up to TGIFF! Diane!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for finishes, and for shipping them off to someone else, leaving room for new stuff... ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This quilt is just beautiful, the quilting works so well too. I love blue and white quilts, yours is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So great to see it finished, I love the blues.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I thought I commented the first time I read this post. Such a beauty of a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well done Di! I know this quilt has been hanging over you like a weight on your shoulders, and now it's finished. Go you! I think it's gorgeous. Simple and elegant and I love blue and white.

    ReplyDelete