I started off on Saturday cutting for a new project. From the moment I got my "Hand Quilting with love" book by Sarak Fielke, I wanted to make this quilt
I've spent the summer collecting fabrics
|Liberty bought in London for the diamond centres|
|For the diamond points|
|For the background|
I was going to cut everything into strips first, starting with my precious Liberty lawn. I got on to cutting for the diamonds for the tips, and thankfully checked the templates. There was no way a 3 1/4 inch diamond would fit onto a 2 5/8 inch strip. So I checked on the internet for errata and sure enough, it says all the templates are wrong. Blind panic set in, that I might have had cut all the Liberty fabric wrong. So I mailed Sarah direct and she finally came back to me yesterday to give me the corrections. Thankfully the first template and fabric size were OK, and thankfully I hadn't gone any further! Sarah was very apologetic, and has had many problems with the editing of this book. So if you plan to make anything, check the errata first. Not something I would have thought to do before, but will in future!
But whilst I was waiting, I did make my Stitch Tease blocks for Hadley for September. She asked for two Scrap vomit blocks, made from low volume fabrics. My first thought was aaaggghh, my stash of low volume is not huge, but Hadley made a very good point. Low volume doesn't mean beige and cream. She actually wanted colours in there, and in the end I found plenty. No brown of course!
I hope these make the grade Hadley
I did struggle a bit with the pinks, but I think they are OK in the end.
In trying to find all these low volume fabrics, I was prompted to tidy my scrap bag
I didn't finish, but it's a lot smaller now, so maybe the week wasn't entirely wasted!