11 September 2013

Smokin'

You never know what the weather will be like here in September.  Sunday was in the high 20's - warm, sunny, calm.  Then I woke up on Monday to cold, wet and windy, so I started sewing. I had no other commitments - work, cleaning, cooking, shopping etc, so I stayed in my sewing room all day.  And just for once, everything I did was good!   No bad cutting, so over-sized/undersized blocks, no crappy seams, no mis matched fabrics.  It doesn't happen very often, so whilst it did, I carried on sewing.

I made a block for Sigrun in our Euro Siblings Together Bee



I made a vintage dress mini quilt from a pattern by Charise Randall




I made a Sara Fielke block for a quilt which I am hoping to complete along with Jitka  and Vera   ready for the Patchwork Meeting in Prague in April 2014  - it should rattle their traditional quilting cages a little!


Please note, the handle is needle turned applique and  this is the first ever bit of needle turn applique I have done.   Whilst it's not perfect, it's not bad!!

And I pieced the back for this quilt (nameless)

Can you believe it,  I not only did this all in a day, but nothing went wrong.  Nothing.  At all.
 
Oh and I took the dogs for a walk, made lunch, ate dinner (which Gordon made) and chatted to Di until our bandwidth gave up.

Still to do

Bind the Vintage dress mini quilt  and make some hanging corners

Baste the nameless quilt, quilt it, bind it.

Make another Mug or two.

And a zillion other things................................

Linking up with Lee's Work in progress Wednesday,  

15 comments:

  1. well done x long may it last xx Best way to spend a rainy day.. ever x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I wish I had that much done in one day or even few! Lovely blocks, I love the dress and mug! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super impressed missus! And rather jealous of your productivity in a day, I faff too much...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Everything is wonderful but my very favourite thing is that vintage dress block. It is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good grief, you were a busy bee!! I love the nameless quilt - the backing is superb, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was so fun to catch up. I wish our connection hadn't run out. Your vintage dress is so pretty and I think your needle turned applique is perfect. YOu will surely shake up a few Czechs with those gorgeous blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many lovely projects! Love the dress the most.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girl - you were on fire and I love it all...but especially that vintage dress block. That's so darn cute !

    I think wet grey days are always the best days for holing up inside and sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, looks like a perfect day. I especially love the backing for the nameless quilt and your lovely needle turn appliqué - it does look great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another thumbs up for that great dress block! Good job on everything else too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Superb sewing day - love the dress, the fabric is just the right scale. Raining here too :o(

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful sewing day! I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your cup is wonderful! I finished my cup two weeks ago. It is a time to show it. Soon.

    ReplyDelete