27 October 2013

A Vintage Tah-dah

It seems that most of the projects I have made recently have been massive quilts that take me an age to finish.  I really fancied making something quick and easy, that I could show off hanging up in my sewing room the dining room.  Whilst strolling through interest, I found this pattern from Charise Creates


Perfect, just what I was looking for.  I picked out a nice little liberty print, that I got in the Pink Castle  sale, and made the dress on the bottom RH side


I used one of the fancy stitches on my machine to edge the hem and neck of the dress and frame the whole thing.


The binding is a little bit of the Deco flowers left over from my Stitch Tease quilt.  And because I wanted to hang this up, I added some corner pockets to hold a small piece of dowel

So there we are - a very satisfying quick finish, and another finish for the Q4 FAL.



9 comments:

  1. Aww, cute wee wall hanging, and Gordon should be thrilled, it's not a cushion! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely summer dress!! Makes me feel cheerful just looking at it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is lovely. The binding fits perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Utterly Gorgeous! A wall hanging was a genius idea (much better than my thought to make a whole quilt out of these which Im sure will drive me utterly insane- and I'll totally be blaming you!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have admired that pattern for a while and you have executed it beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! And who wouldn't love a liberty dress?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous i love these dresses i've had the link pinned for ages, you'll have the best dressed dining room in the country!

    ReplyDelete