Not knowing whether it was a boy or girl, I chose this fabric as I thought it was bright and cheerful, but fairly neutral.
I placed the blocks on point, just to make it a bit more interesting. I've done this before, but last time I just winged it with the setting blocks. This time I looked up on t'interweb how to do it properly, and low and behold, I haven't got wavy edges, because the setting blocks don't have bias edges on the outside! Oh and I starched it for the first time, having discovered cans of spray starch in the shops here for the first time. I am offically in love with starching fabric, it makes such a difference.
So yesterday I added the sashing...
then basted it and started to quilt. I decided to try sewing a spiral, but despite having practiced 3 or 4 times, it still looked like a dog's breakfast, so I'm afraid it was ripped out.
Have a nice Saturday. We're off to the Vinobrani in town (like a wine harvest festival) this afternoon, so I'll have some photos for you tomorrow.