02 October 2013

I am sulking

As a general rule, I don't like sulking.  But there are times when a good sulk helps.

 

Back in July at the FQR, Di, Helen and I cooked up a little plan to head off together to Sew South in Charlotte next March.   Of course the plan always hinged on us all getting tickets, which was not guaranteed as it's very popular.  there are only 50 places available, so it was always going to sell quickly.

In the end it sold out in 2 minutes, and guess who didn't get one!  Clearly I'm not the only one who was disappointed, but lets face it, I'm the one that matters on this occasion!

There is always a slim chance that someone will want to sell their ticket, but in the meantime we need a plan B for our girlie weekend away!  Suggestions on a postcard please...................

10 comments:

  1. Oh, bummer! I applied for 3 events at the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow next year and didn't get any! So I've been a bit sulky this week myself. It's so disappointing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sad and now I just don't know what to do. I don't know when I'll have time or money for another trip next year. Count me sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohh so sorry .. but LOVE the picture so laughing as well! Hope you manage to sort something out xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well that sucks ...

    Im sure you will come up with something wonderful to replace your original idea though. No suggestions here unless you all want to come here and can I host a mini retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um.....Marrakech??? March is one of the best times to visit. Come on - it's only down the road!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is Camp Stitchalot in March, it looks like a lovely retreat too: http://www.pinkcastlefabrics.com/pages/camp-stitchalot-spring-2014

    ReplyDelete
  7. Saw the headline above yours saying sold out - 2 mins, that's insane,you would think you were trying to see One Direction or something! How about the Stitch Gathering in Edinburgh, next August??

    ReplyDelete
  8. A sewing weekend in shetland.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well bugger! Now I know a nice wee place in the Alps...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha love the One Direction comment! Are you still going to Charlotte? I'm sure you could meet up with the girls there and still have fun.

    ReplyDelete