14 October 2013

Mindless Monday



I am sadly lacking in both brain power and inspiration tonight, which doesn't hold out much hope for a coherent blog post really.   Earlier I was unable to recognise a bottle of cider in the fridge, nor decide what I needed from the drawer to open it (Can opener? Lemon zester?) Gordon had to give me the bottle opener in the end!  All I fancy doing is curling up on the settee in front of the fire with my knitting. 



Ping!  Blog inspiration - knitting.  I've been plodding along with my knitting since July when I was in the UK and bought myself some wool and needles and started this


It has grown a lot since then, into what can ony be described as an octopus


I'm as far as the yoke now, and could really do with it all being on a circular needle, but I've been unable to buy as size 6.5 anywhere, so I battle on with ordinary needles.  

You can see here the shape it's going to be - a short sleeved waistcoat type thing, but the colour is nothing like the real thing.  It's quite a bright coral colour in reality.  The only thing is now, I'm running out of wool!  Hopefully I can still get some more though, and I can get this one finished.

So now you know where I will be this evening, catching up with last night's Homeland, with a cider and my knitting, and two slightly smelly dogs!  Have a good night




8 comments:

  1. I think when you get to the stage where you can't recognise the booze or the opener, you don't need any ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great way to spend evening. I love your short sleeve thing and would really need to knit one for myself, too! I'm watching movie in the bed, knitting sock and Hanna is next to me. Too much commercials = brake for some blog reading. x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bet you Gordon was laughing when he handed yu the bottle opener!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Knitting an octopus whilst pissed sounds like fun :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you want me to send you some 6.5 mm circular needles or will you be done soon?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty knitting - hope you didnt drop any stitches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope the evening turned out better than it started!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your knitting is really good. If you want me to get you some circular needles let me know.

    ReplyDelete