17 October 2013

Really Random Thursday

Really Random 
I admit to being a bit of a novice when it comes to Randomness.  I think of some good things, then promptly forget them.  Anyway here a few things that cropped up this week

We received a bag of chestnuts from a friend last night, which prompted my husband, Gordon, to reveal that he has never eaten a chestnut in his life.  I can't believe that anyone can get through to his 50's without ever eating a chestnut.  Guess what we will be doing tonight
  

I have omphalophbia - a fear of belly buttons. 
I hate seeing or touching belly buttons, and if anyone touches my belly button, I go ballistic!  Wikipeadia recommends therapy.  Mmmm... I'll think about that

And this is Gordon's random fact, that he never fails to tell people given even a smidgen of a chance.  Did you know.....pause for effect.... honey is the only natural  food that never goes off. Honey was found in the pyramids and was still OK to eat.
Well I hope that's interesting enough for my first attempt.  I'm linking up with the professionals over at Live a Colourful Life

11 comments:

  1. Fabulous random! I think you and Gordon are a great team and I'll be looking out for more random from you next week! Hope Gordon enjoys the chestnuts, btw, I don't know how he has avoided them for so long :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what's a more shocking thought - you warming Gordon's chestnuts or him tickling your belly button!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You put a smile on my face. Funny! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, that Gordon, such a sheltered life... And will he be revisiting chestnuts again? Oooh, I know, you can put one in your belly button and pop it across the room for him to catch :oD

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha, well that made me giggle, so i guess if we meet up next week when you're over you don't want to see my belly button that has become an outy in the last couple of weeks! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. well done .. Im with your husband .. nearly 60 and NEVER eaten a chestnut.. will have to let us know how he went on xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great randoms, but honey does crystalize and solidify...making it grainy and unpleasant and impossible to get out the squeezy...
    I have the belly button thing too. Am DREADING what the bump is going to do to it...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally enjoyed this. I think you have "random" handled!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm SO happy you linked up this week. I have never had a roasted chestnut either. Funny about your phobia. Mine involves slithery things and I refuse to get therapy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. John has that belly button thing too. Weird! And I've never eaten a chestnut. They aren't a Canadian staple in the winter months.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't heard of anyone with that phobia before. Makes sense though. I did know the fact about honey. We were taught that in chemistry a t school. It's something to do with the molecular structure of honey meaning that nothing can attach to the molecules. Therefore it cannot go off. Something like that anyway!

    ReplyDelete