31 October 2013

THE LAST POST ..in October

Woo hoo! I've made it through to the end of Blogtoberfest again - for the third year running.   I know I'm annoying, but if I decide to do something, I will do everything I can to complete it.  This last two weeks have been difficult, as we had visitors and it is quite difficult to disappear for an hour to write a post.  Then we were away, and I had to write my posts (and get pictures onto) a Mac, and I'm just not used to them.  Anyways, a few stats

I wrote
16 sewing related posts (same as last year)
3 Flashback Friday posts
I book related
1 Wordless Wednesday
1 knitting related
2 garden related
1 Random Thursday
2 family related
1 Valtice related
2 miscellaneous
+ today's round up post.

My posts have been read 1307 times and I have received 275 comments.  Phew!  Thanks so much everyone, you made it easier to carry on.  Hopefully I may even have picked up a few new friends along the way.

And because no post would be complete without a photo, I can show you photos of my recently finished (15minutes ago) Trading Card for my partner in the second round of Ali's Art Trading Card swap.
Textile ATC swap 2 button
The theme was Autumn, and as you can't find a spare spot in front of our fire these days because of the dogs and cats, I thought I'd make a cozy little fire
And because I forgot to take a photo of the back of the first one I made, here is the back

Those of you that are awake when reading my posts, may notice the finished article is different from the part finished one I showed a while ago


That's because I made a mess of backing it, and had to rescue the fire from the ashes (literally) and re-make the outside.  I used Ali's way of binding it, which once I followed the instructions properly, was a very easy and tidy way of doing it!  I just hope my partner likes it.

Well, I think I've earned a couple of days rest from blogging.  That is unless something exciting happens tomorrow!


11 comments:

  1. Good for you. I did it, too, but the post are spread between my various blog/interest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great posts and a brilliant postcard. I love the warmth you have managed to incorporate in such a tiny work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoooooo Hoooooooo...Congratulations on a successful month with posting every day!

    Your art card is adorable Di!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you did very well! love the kitty by the fire.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on making it in Blogtoberfest! I've been struggling the last few days but managed a post every day - I'm stubborn like that!

    LOVE the kitty by the fire! Your partner will adore it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well rescued! Think you need to up your verbal diarrhoea rate though, an hour per post? That's mad!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bravo for blogging everyday. But where did October go? It was gone in a blink.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also feel like October just flew by. Love the details on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did great posting daily, and I read every one, just did not stop to comment. I loved them all, especially the flashback ones and the sewing ones, and well the rest too. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete