01 October 2013

Blogtoberfest is here again


Today being the first of October, it's the first day of the Blogtoberfest.  I've taken part for the past 2 years, and managed to successfully post everyday.  I'm not sure how this year will turn out, but lets be optimistic!!

As it is the first day of the new month, I thought I'd do a quick update on what I was up to sewing wise in September.

I managed to finish this quilt

 It will gets it's own post, but let's say I'm not feeling the love!

I also finished (last night!)  this cushion

Sadly, not feeling the love on this one either!

I made bee blocks for Hadley


Jennifer
 and Sigrun


I started a new quilt for a colleague who's wife is just about to give birth to their 4th baby

I made a vintage dress mini quilt which I have yet to bind
 I made some cups
 


and finally I started to cut fabric for Sarah Fielkes Love Beads - this ground to a halt due to other priorities.

I also tested a pattern for the very first time - I can't show that one yet, but I think there might be a bit of a giveaway in the offing!

Phew, that's quite a long list.  Unfortunately the things I've started far outweigh the things I've finished!

Linking up with Shells in the bush who is hosting Blogtoberfest 2013, and Lynne's Fresh Sewing Day









16 comments:

  1. Well I think they're beautiful, even if you're not feeling the love! Hope you grow to love them, but sometimes making things is just like that. Onwards and upwards:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You achieved loads! I love that vintage dress mini!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Di, that's quite a list!
    I love that dress!
    As for the love: close your eyes and just feel it. I hope you'll feel it then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard about Blogtoberfest yet. I'll probably just watch this time around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats a fantastic amount of work sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, you've done loads! I love the dress miniquilt. I've not heard of Blogtoberfest either

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the vintage dress and those tea cups. In fact I love the vintage dress so much Im going to ask if you used a pattern for it and where I might be able to get it !

    Good Luck with daily blogging. I think thats really hard to do !Cant wait to see what you come up with though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know what you mean about not feeling the love on some of the things we finish. There are lots of times that I may not feel the love from one of mine, heck there are times I wish IT could feel the frustration from ME ! But in the end I gift it to someone who does feel the love for it and it all works out !

    ReplyDelete
  9. That vintage mini is gorgeous!! Is there a pattern?! You did loads and sorry you're not feeling the love for a couple of projects.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love the new quilt....re your last post, ive totally lost my blogging (and quilting) mojo, but still enjoy reading posts....need to chuck myself back into it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of beautiful makes this month! I really like the baby quilt, the blocks look great on point.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of beautiful makes this month! I really like the baby quilt, the blocks look great on point.

    ReplyDelete
  13. No wonder you're worn out! Love the wee dress :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have made so many lovely things! Good for you on the blogging every day thing, I will be reading but likely only commenting once in a while, I wish I had more time on the computer in October when everyone posts so much.

    ReplyDelete
  15. you are a quilting maniac!! Love the little cups!!

    ReplyDelete