06 October 2013

Valtice Vinobrani

As I mentioned yestrday, it was the Vinobrani in Valtice yesterday.  It's a celebration of the new wine harvest, and they parade a huge bunch of grapes around town.  Sorry but we missed that bit! 

We arrived to find the town square full of people, wine, food and music.  I love our little town when it's buzzing


There was lots of food
There is enough fat and e-numbers here to kill the whole town!



There was entertainment, which included the First Czech Pip and Drum band, playing Scotland the Brave and Auld Lang Syne.  Very Bizarre.

And of course there was wine!



Gordon had made a Cottage Pie, and I'd set the oven on timer so that when we got in, we would have a meal to warm the cockles of our hearts.  The only thing is some dumb-wit forgot to take the Pie out of the fridge and put it in the oven!  I find it gets a lot warmer if you do that!

That just leaves me in a quandry as to whether or not to show the photographic evidence of what a czech scotsman wears under his kilt.   I'm not sure if it's the sort of thing people want to see on a sewing blog.  What do you think?  Good taste or bad?

Di
xx

6 comments:

  1. You can't leave us to wonder bad taste or not ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I for one definitely want to know- I have a mad Scotsman who works with me and at every available opportunity (parties etc) he shows us what is under his kilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you have to show us now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you sure you didn't get a buzz before you went out, causing the pie forgetfulness? ;o)

    ReplyDelete