13 October 2013

Visitors

I had a nice little surprise yesterday - a visit from my quilting friend Jitka, who lives about 50kms away, but was visiting family in nearby Mikulov.  Together with a big group of friends, they had walked the 17km from Mikulov to Valtice, including her youngest daughter who is 5!  Go girl!  Whilst the rest of the group travelled back to Mikulov by train, Jitka and I had a lovely couple of hours, having a whistle stop tour of Valtice, and a cuppa and a whistle stop tour of my sewing room.  Nice as it is to have virtual friends to talk to on t'interweb, it's fantastic to have a friend in person who ooh's and aah's over what you're making, and is actually interested in looking at my Bee blocks (no offense Gordon, but you don't show quite the same enthusiasm!)   We are meeting up again in a couple of moths (with Vera) to try to put together our quilt for the Prague Patchwork Exhibition.

In the absence of photos from yesterday, how about this one?

It's the start of my Art Trading Card for the Very Berry ATC Swap.  I've been struggling for 2 weeks to find inspiration for this round's theme, Autumn.  I've not been able to get past leaves and pumpkins.  Not that there is anything wrong with leaves and pumpkins, but understandably, there are a lot of them appearing on the flickr page, and I wanted to do something different!  Anyway inspiration hit me over a cuppa this morning.  It doesn't look much yet, but I know where I'm going at last!  Phew!

Well that's it for me for this evening.   We've just been to the pictures to see the James Hunt/Nikki Lauda film - Rush.   Very good indeed - I'd recommend it, even if you're not a racing fanatic.  Hope you all had a good weekend and are looking forward to the week ahead. 




7 comments:

  1. Nothing better than a sewing friend coming round. Glad you are finding some in your neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I know what you mean, an actual visit is the best :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... and you lived to tell the tale - bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like fun. I'm glad I got some sewing buddies near by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wot, Gordon's not showing enthusiasm? Huh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How nice that you have a real life quilty friend.
    Was the movie in English or Czech?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chris Hemsworth makes the movie worth it. I haven't seen it, but it's on the list. Husband is a big motor sport fan so I reckon we might even get to a movie together. It's so nice to meet with real quilting friends too.

    ReplyDelete