04 November 2013

My brain hurts...

It's very windy today, and as a result (I'm guessing) we were without power for a couple of hours.  Fortunately I am married to a scout, so the camping stove came out at lunchtime to warm up the soup. Phew, no-one went hungry.
I was hoping for a little sewing time, but as that was off the agenda, I thought I'd make a start on a holiday bag.  I much appreciated your input regarding patterns, and tempted as I was by the others, I decided to have a go at the Noodlehead Super tote (Please don't be offended I didn't use yours Katy!).
 
My fabric isn't anywhere near as cool as this one
but I'm wanting to make a holiday bag, and I've had this fabric for a couple of years, waiting to be made into something summery.
The reason my brain hurts is that it took me a good hour or two to sort out all the pattern pieces, tape them together, and lay them out on the fabric.  That was before I started cutting!  The cutting tested my brain power a not insignificant amount too - let's blame my menopausal brain shall we!  Anyways, it's all done now

and the interfacing is all fused on, ready to get going in the morning.  I think I've done the hard bit now.  The pattern instructions and assembly look fairly straight forward, but you may like to ask me that again this time tomorrow, when I, fingers crossed, I  will have put the whole thing together.

Before I go, if you're interested in a low volume charm swap, head over to flickr , Rachel from the Floral Suitcase is organising a swap and is still looking for a few more peeps to fill the spaces in the second group.
I've picked out this fabric, for all the Dowton Abbey fans in the swap.


That's all for now folks.  I have some binding to sew down in from of a roaring fire!

14 comments:

  1. Have fun binding and that's great fabric for a holiday bag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your post, your bag will turn out great, I predict. I'm also married to a scout, but I was one, too. That's how we met.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd make bags more often if the pattern pieces were cut for me.... lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got this pattern but haven't tried it yet. Sounds like I'll have to set aside a whole weekend! Yours is the perfect holiday fabric

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im so glad you decided on this pattern! I have it but haven't made it yet. Ill need to get on that especially after I see yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love that you are so positive in the face of no power xx Must come from living with a "prepared" scout xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have fun with your binding.

    I am useless at making bags- too many bits and Im pattern challenged ...good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well that's it, I'm never speaking to you again... ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep, the prep for this is definitely the worst bit - just wrap your brain round the inset zipper and you'll be fine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a good fabric choice, totally out of the usual fabric line thoughts (I'm thinking Comma and Road 15) that people have, so no one should already have it in their stash. I really hope the second group gets going, I was out and didn't get to sign up for group one despite being one of the first people to support the idea! So I'll be gutted if group 2 is cancelled. 10 more people to go!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the fabrics you've pulled for the bag. Hope it's going together okay.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The taping cutting and fusing always takes longer than the sewing. Can't wait to see your bag.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have the super tote pattern....was trying to make it in time for FQRetreat London....so it's still not finished!
    So when did you qualify for being Uk...only joking!

    ReplyDelete